Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palin interview on CBS

+3
BillD
Lipstick
baz
7 posters

Go down

Palin interview on CBS Empty Palin interview on CBS

Post  baz Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:52 pm

What do you guys think? Did she do well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRuBdW0yBUY

Bidden better watch out!

baz

Back to top Go down

Palin interview on CBS Empty Re: Palin interview on CBS

Post  Lipstick Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:14 am

Nobody pays much attention to that has been Katie Couric anyway b/c everybody knows she's biased and it was apparent that she was attempting to bully Sarah Palin. Had Sarah Palin cited another specific supreme court decision in response to Couric's followup question, it's apparent that Couric would have asked her to cite another one and another one until she could stump Palin. Voters are not impressed with gotcha bullcrap. Most of us don't expect our leaders to know everything. What we look for in our leaders is sound judgement and core values that reflect and promote decency. Sarah Palin will do just fine tonight and she'll make a great VP.

Lipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:27 am

Is there another troll in the house.........??
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Po1 Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 am

This clip begins with Katie asking "What other supreme court decisions do you disagree with." So I wish I knew what her first response was. Roe v Wade would have been my first response.

"Did she do well?"

I can only guess that her answer was excellent in regard to content since I don't know her first answer. She apparently gave two examples and then explained the general principles that guide her judgement of Supreme Court decisions. Katie asking for a third example was really lame. At that point Governor Palin was justified and absolutely correct to shut down the quiz.

As for rhetorical skill, she's a typical Republican. We rarely speak as impressively as Democrats. That's just how it is. We aren't performers. I wish we were. Then we could capture some of those style over substance voters.

Po1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lipstick Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:43 am

Moses wasn't much of a speaker but somehow he managed to lead.

Lipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:51 am

Good point! Moses.

OK, honestly, PLEASE, members and trolls and lurkers alike.
In the next FIVE seconds, name me TWO supreme court cases and tell me what they meant.
Time's up! Did you cheat and use GOOGLE?
Sarah could not. She was in an interview, and use your watches and tell me how long she had to name other cases.
Guess what, I can only name ONE, and I'm an educated person, 4.0 GPA, and an IQ that tested at 120 last I knew. And I can only come up with ONE case from memory.
Ever been on a game show?? Ever see VERY smart people stumble?? However, if off-camera they could make wise choices?
Ever wonder why folks on Wheel of Fortune are such complete idiots and call out letters that are ALREADY CALLED and even listed on the board of letter that have been called (we can't see that board, they can)
I know such a person, straight A student, college educated, but called out a letter that was already called and listed.
Ever go to a party and someone comes up to you and says hi and for the life of you, you can't recall their name - until 10 seconds later when they walk away? Does that make you stupid??
Sarah was THRUST into this, she'll get it, and the pressure of CAMPAIGNING is MUCH HARDER than the pressures of being on the job where you are SURROUNDED by advisers daily and information is but a call away!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Po1 Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:00 am

BillD wrote:Good point! Moses.
OK, honestly, PLEASE, members and trolls and lurkers alike.
In the next FIVE seconds, name me TWO supreme court cases and tell me what they meant.
Time's up! Did you cheat and use GOOGLE?
Sarah could not.

Are you sure that she couldn't and didn't, Bill? You mentioned yesterday that you couldn't view clips. I watched the link provided. It begins in the middle of the interview with Katie asking, "What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?" So I assume she must have given one example before the clip starts. And then a second, Roe.

I can rattle off about twenty that I disagree with, but most people would hear my list and call me an extremist. After two responses it's time to move on. More can only look more and more extremist.

Po1

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 am

You could be correct. And since it was only CBS folks there, how do WE know for a fact that the interview is being presented word-for-word.........

I still can't come up with anything over than Roe V Wade or Brown v Board of Education.
Geesh!
Time to google, I guess.......
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:09 am

Well maybe if she had gone to Harvard Law School....

I mean, really. I can't come up with any either other than Roe V Wade.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:11 am

All of you have made some very good points about this interview.

Katie Couric is no rocket scientist - & worse - she passes herself off as a journalist. Her interview with Sarah tells me more about Katie than it does about Sarah.

Any one of us could have done a better interview that actually added some insight about a future VP candidate instead of asking questions based on the tired old liberal talking points.

I would love to do an interview with Katie Couric to ask her what she has accomplished in her life & what she has to be proud of besides being a cheer leader. The ratings of her TV show are low, showing that not too many people are interested in her opinions - -so I am not concerned that what she says is anything of importance.
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:18 am

I can think of one. The decision to not allow prayer in schools. Call me extreme. However, I did get to spend some time with Bill Murray, Madalyn's son that she used for her lawsuit. Madalyn Murray O'Hare was crazy. I mean truly crazy. She was an alcoholic and addicted to drugs. She was an extremely abusive mother. He told me that prayer never was an issue for him, just his mother. If you are interested in that issue, you should read Bill's book, "My Life without God".

It speaks volumes that she was murdered by one of her own.

But, back to the original subject . . . I would have loved to see Biden answer that question, but we know that the MSM only softballs both Biden and Obama.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down