Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News

+12
Siouxie
Community Organizer
Barb
Elle
Stoat
SweetNightmare
pumacali
AKFamily
NOBAMA
Lynn
Lipstick
Barracuda
16 posters

Go down

Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News Empty Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News

Post  Barracuda Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:57 pm

Katie Couric will spend two days traveling on the campaign trail with Governor Sarah Palin on Sunday, September 28 and Monday, September 29, conducting an exclusive interview to be broadcast on the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC beginning Monday (29).

The interview will take place just days before the Vice Presidential debate between Palin and Senator Joe Biden in St. Louis on Thursday, October 2.
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcbs.htm

Barracuda

Back to top Go down

Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News Empty Re: Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News

Post  Lipstick Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:03 pm

What bothers me about Katie Couric interviewing Sarah Palin is this quote from the article, "Portions of the interview and extended coverage of the trip will be available across all CBS News platforms, including CBSNews.com and CBS Radio News." It'll be VERY interesting to see which "portions" are broadcast. Can ya tell I don't trust the mainstream media?

Lipstick

Back to top Go down

Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News Empty Re: Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News

Post  Lynn Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm

I can't think of any reason why we should trust Katie Couric. I really think the McCain campaign should be insisting on live telecast or no edit policy if the MSM wants interviews.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  NOBAMA Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:50 pm

she is the most liberal!

NOBAMA

Back to top Go down

Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News Empty This should be interesting....

Post  AKFamily Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:09 pm

I wonder what kind of edits they'll use Question

AKFamily

Back to top Go down

Post  pumacali Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:55 pm

I do not trust Katie. I feel that she wants to prove something. She is the type of woman to take another woman down for career gain!
pumacali
pumacali

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:00 pm

The fact that McCain and Palin do interviews and go on shows that they know are left-leaning, if not hardcore left-leaning, is because they must show America they are not afraid, they have nothing to hide and that they won't back down. I believe it is helping them a lot in that they do take these risks and go out of their comfort zones, and also all of the mud coming from the MSM is only getting thrown back, as normal American citizens see that they [McCain/Palin] are getting themselves out there as much as possible (unlike Obama, who will NEVER be under such scrutiny and has turned down offers for debates from McCain) and yet are still getting smeared. I don't know about everyone else, but it sure as hell makes me angry that they are getting such bad treatment and are trying harder than Obama is.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoat Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 pm

Governor Palin will toy with The Perky One and show her off to America as the mean spirited, breathtakingly overpaid, obtuse Leftist she is, just as she did with "Charlie". She will tear her up and spit her out like a bad bit of mooseburger gristle.
Hopefully Governor Palin will have her own cameras rolling whenever Katie's are, so that when Katie attempts to edit things in unflattering ways and out of context as Charlie did, Governor Palin can release her own tapes to the internet so that people can judge for themselves. Not doing this during Charlie's "interview" was a mistake that hopefully will not be repeated.
Stoat
Stoat

Back to top Go down

Post  Elle Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 pm

I'm proud of her courage, but maliciously-edited interviews can hurt her, I'm afraid. I'm still fighting the lies propagated by headlines from the Gibson interview. No

If I see another claim that she said the war was a task from God, I might just throw my hands up and cry. Suspect
Elle
Elle

Back to top Go down

Post  Barb Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 am

It will hurt Sarah Palin more if she doesn't do the MSM interviews. They have tried to frame her as being incompetent. She has to go out and show them she is a strong woman who is not hiding behind McCain. Sarah Palin is smart and has a lot of spunk. She has to be out being interviewed more not less or the mean spirited people will win.

Barb

Back to top Go down

Post  Community Organizer Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:22 am

She has to go out there. She can't be shy, that's what the Obama hacks want her to do. Hopefully Katie is smart enough to see the blowback from the Gibson interview and not pull a Rather.
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:26 am

Sarrah "Barracuda" Palin will be fine. Katie better get a bullet-proof vest. Twisted Evil
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:10 am

Did you see Katie during the RNC convention?
I mean, she actually argued FOR the Democrats! She simply could not let a response to her question go by without arguing it. Stop that! Ask the question, get the reply, and let ME decide. Quit acting like you are arguing with your guest.
I do not trust her, I do not like her, I have no respect for her, never did, even before she got this job. Sorry, she's DUMB, I mean it. She's the sort that would say to flooded out Iowa farmers "can't you just put a tarp over the fields"?
Then she gets this job - notice the make-up change? DARK eyes, attempting to make her look meaner. (sort of like Dodge did on their trucks several years ago to give them that semi-truck look - "mean, powerful" and how Cadillac did on their cars, giving the hood and headlights a scowling angular look - "mean", tough. They made her look "tougher" with make-up. They do it for guys, too.)

Now please don't pounce on me - this is my thoughts on HER. She a fake, a fraud, and too opinionated to be doing "news".
If you look at me in general, I am pro-woman, pro-equal pay for equal work (no matter WHO you are) and equal rights, period.
But this lady gives women a bad name, IMO.
I like tough, smart, Teddy Roosevelt sorts.........

UUGGHH, of all people to do an interview with...
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Community Organizer Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Think about this: if Couric comes off as too partisan towards Sarah, then that's a good thing for us, since she will reiterate the criticisms about Gibson, and will discredit not only herself and CBS, but also the MSM, and average Americans may ignore the press even more, perhaps even be more sympathetic towards Palin?
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Amen! I've been known to refer to her as Kute Komrade Katie!
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Community Organizer Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:06 pm

Lynn wrote:
Amen! I've been known to refer to her as Kute Komrade Katie!

If you've seen the South Park episode about the world's largest poo, you've probably noticed they measured it in "Courics".
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Back to top Go down

Katie Couric to Interview Sarah for the CBS Evening News Empty The other side of the coin

Post  Tunes59 Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:18 pm

I agree with the other comments but how sweet would it be if Sarah wins Katie over. Very Happy I am already seeing a more tempered commentary from some of the media. I am not sure if they are being nicer on orders for BO, the advertisers, or as a result of public pressure.
Tunes59
Tunes59

Back to top Go down

Post  Nariman Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Tunes, it's probably public pressure. The more these left wing loons trash Palin, the more frustrated us average americans get w/ the MSM, and the harder their ratings drop.

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:36 pm

If Couric treats Sarah the same way that Gibson did, it may very well backfire. We aren't as stupid as the MSM seems to think we are.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down