Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad Day - Off Topic

5 posters

Go down

Sad Day - Off Topic Empty Sad Day - Off Topic

Post  Mad_Jasper Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:09 am

As I rapidly approach the age of 40 (I'm 37 now), I am desparately clinging to my hair and youth. Yesterday, I went to get a haircut. My stylist is very attractive and in her late 20's. She is usually complimentary about the way I dress, or my hair style... little comments that make me feel good. Not that I'm interested in her because I'm married, but we all like to feel appealing.

Well, we were chatting while she was finishing up and she grabbed my face with both of her hands and gave me a little smile. She then proceeded to grab the trimmers and TRIMMED MY FREAKING EYEBROWS!!! Jesus, I've never felt older in my life! No
Mad_Jasper
Mad_Jasper

Back to top Go down

Sad Day - Off Topic Empty Re: Sad Day - Off Topic

Post  SweetNightmare Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:14 am

Mad_Jasper wrote:As I rapidly approach the age of 40 (I'm 37 now), I am desparately clinging to my hair and youth. Yesterday, I went to get a haircut. My stylist is very attractive and in her late 20's. She is usually complimentary about the way I dress, or my hair style... little comments that make me feel good. Not that I'm interested in her because I'm married, but we all like to feel appealing.

Well, we were chatting while she was finishing up and she grabbed my face with both of her hands and gave me a little smile. She then proceeded to grab the trimmers and TRIMMED MY FREAKING EYEBROWS!!! Jesus, I've never felt older in my life! No

Well Jasper if it makes you feel better I'm 19 and I get my eyebrows waxed Laughing

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:06 am

Wait till the ear and nose hair come out Wink

I agree with SweetNightmare though - wax is your friend!
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:10 am

Jasper,
the lady who does my hair (takes her about 5 minutes) has been doing that to me for about a year. I just keep thinking that I don't want to end up looking like Andy Rooney..... LOL
My grandfather said of his baldness "you can't grow two crops in the same field"

I'm not bald, but my thin hair looks more like a drought-struck field........... and when the light shines just right...........
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:11 am

Siouxie wrote:Wait till the ear and nose hair come out Wink

I agree with SweetNightmare though - wax is your friend!

Yeah, some friend! I saw the pain those guys went through on funniest home videos Sunday. OUCH!!
And the creative ways they did it..........
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad_Jasper Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 am

I'm not bald, but my thin hair looks more like a drought-struck field........... and when the light shines just right..........

Speaking of balding, I never cared much about losing my hair. But last December a friend of mine (PA at a dermatologist) were talking about losing hair recommended using Finasteride once a day to prevent further loss. I tried it and actually grew some back. I also added Minoxidil to my daily regimen and I've grown back almost all of my crown and a little on the temples. My hair has changed enough over the last year that my stylist mentioned it several times (I didn't admit anything though). My dermatologist asked me to take photos.

This was December of 2007.
Sad Day - Off Topic 120907

June of 2008
Sad Day - Off Topic Crown0628081

The bad thing is now I'm more sensitive about thinning... and apparently bushy eyebrows.
Mad_Jasper
Mad_Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad_Jasper Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 am

SweetNightmare wrote:
Mad_Jasper wrote:As I rapidly approach the age of 40 (I'm 37 now), I am desparately clinging to my hair and youth. Yesterday, I went to get a haircut. My stylist is very attractive and in her late 20's. She is usually complimentary about the way I dress, or my hair style... little comments that make me feel good. Not that I'm interested in her because I'm married, but we all like to feel appealing.

Well Jasper if it makes you feel better I'm 19 and I get my eyebrows waxed Laughing

Thanks for trying. There's just something inherently less appealing about bushy old man eyebrows as opposed to the natural eyebrows of a woman. <see Brook Shields>
Mad_Jasper
Mad_Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:59 am

I think this subject should be renamed :

A HAIR-RAISING TOPIC

lol!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am

LOL I guess we COULD tie this up politically by mentioning Joe Biden's hairplugs Very Happy
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 am

ughh i hate hair loss haha..

but if you guys like we could add a off topic forum. Just let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in.

Admin
Admin

https://sarahpalin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad_Jasper Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:24 am

but if you guys like we could add a off topic forum. Just let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in.

I think it would be a great idea. I need a occasional break from the election grind.
Mad_Jasper
Mad_Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down