Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

off-topic.... darned nigerian email scammers...

3 posters

Go down

off-topic.... darned nigerian email scammers... Empty off-topic.... darned nigerian email scammers...

Post  BillD Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:19 am

I got this, sort of cute:

Dear American:
I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business relationship with a transfer of funds of great magnitude.
I am Ministry of the Treasury of the Republic of America. My country has had crisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of 800 billion dollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it would be most profitable to you.
I am working with Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS, who will be my replacement as Ministry of the Treasury in January. As a Senator, you may know him as the leader of the American banking deregulation movement in the 1990s. This transactin is 100% safe.
This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need the funds as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly under surveillance. My family lawyer advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.
Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college fund account numbers and those of your children and grandchildren to wallstreetbailout@treasury.gov so that we may transfer your commission for this transaction. After I receive that information, I will respond with detailed information about safeguards that will be used to protect the funds.
Yours Faithfully Minister of Treasury Paulson
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

off-topic.... darned nigerian email scammers... Empty Re: off-topic.... darned nigerian email scammers...

Post  Nariman Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:07 am

Haha... I was actually caught off by suprise when I read that. Funny stuff, thanks Bill.

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

off-topic.... darned nigerian email scammers... Empty Re: off-topic.... darned nigerian email scammers...

Post  Starlight Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:15 am

It's always very worrisome when the government steps in to 'fix' things. They always seem to make things worse than the original problem.

They should be investigating their own sitting representatives who passed legislation to let this fiasco happen.

They also have crooked members still in charge of major committees who are tax evaders, freezer stashing money grabbers, crooked sweetheart home loans & it goes on & on!!

In the end - the tax payers bear the burden as they all enrich themselves, while exempting themselves from the laws that they pass for us.
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down