Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Sarah's hacked email account

5 posters

Go down

About Sarah's hacked email account Empty About Sarah's hacked email account

Post  BillD Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:52 pm

And feel free to share this..........
APPARENTLY, the so-called hacker (not really, that implies skills, this used trickery) got in by using the Yahoo "forgot my password" feature, knew her DOB, where she met her husband and some other things commonly public. (SHAME ON YAHOO FOR SUCH CRAPPY SECURITY!!!! Everyone in the country should cancel their YAHOO email account NOW)

So some sides are blaming her for using Yahoo to conduct state business instead of the more secure state system.
ARE THEY KIDDING? Are they serious??
First, we saw no evidence of actual "business", mostly casual stuff, certainly NOTHING confidential.
Secondly, let me speak with some authority here since I myself AM employed by a STATE agency and am privy to state and other government agency practices.
LOL - we have our OWN "forgot my password" features! You make a phone call, give a SSN, and get a new password. How's that for security!
Want to hack the notebook encryption? Guess the answers to 3 basic questions - plug in a user name, hit a key, answer 3 questions such as favorite color, first pet, whatever they have chosen, you're in!
Government email secure? Yeah, right! First, it's sent "clear text" and unencrypted, next there's the "forgot my password" features here, not too complex because the typical system user is computer illiterate, and not the least - there's wireless access points all over, some VERY secure, some less so.
So watch the news - which systems are most commonly broken into?
Bingo - small state systems, universities, etc.
Trust me - I've worked with computer and network security for years. Her Yahoo account was only a LITTLE easier to get into than some government systems. All you need is info often published on web sites - yes, our current governor used to be our secretary of state, and HE ran a web site with names and SSNs on it!! In public view! And, he saw nothing wrong with it. So I go to that web site, find a name I know works for the state, get their SSN, and can then get into their email. Secure, huh?
Another web site here posted mortgage info, complete with names and SSNs.

So please, those on the left blaming the VICTIM, even her STATE email is NOT that secure!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

About Sarah's hacked email account Empty Re: About Sarah's hacked email account

Post  NOBAMA Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Just sad. But im glad they found nothing against her

NOBAMA

Back to top Go down

About Sarah's hacked email account Empty Sick is what I say

Post  Hunter Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:49 pm

The loons over at democraticunderground have posted a list of all the email addresses in her box for all to see.

These leftist filth have no soul and no shame.
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:56 pm

I think DU could get in trouble for posting that personal information. I mean big trouble. Sarah is a VP candidate. You don't miss with the Secret Service.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebinger Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:02 am

Hunter wrote:The loons over at democraticunderground have posted a list of all the email addresses in her box for all to see.

These leftist filth have no soul and no shame.

Oh, did they? I stopped posting at the DUmp almost a year ago, the place got to crazy with the BHO trolls there.

Since then, they've banned most of my old friends from there. This doesn't surprise me, this is what happens when loons take over your old party. Crying or Very sad

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/father-of-hacker-is-tennessee-dem-state.html

I hope they throw the book at this junior moonbat and anyone else involved, but they'd have a different attitude altogether if some Republican TN state senator's son had did this to Joe Biden.
Ebinger
Ebinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down