Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about other forums

4 posters

Go down

question about other forums Empty question about other forums

Post  BillD Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:07 pm

Question regarding:

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion

http://www.hillaryis44.org/

And some others. I'm baffled. Are these REALLY REALLY REALLY Democrats on these forums, and further, are they REALLY Hillary supporters, or have they been so fully infiltrated by Republicans playing PUMAs and Hillary supporters that they all think they are all Dems and Hillary supporters, but really aren't?
Seriously, none of them read like anyone there is a Democrat and some are even sounding like they don't support Hillary that much either. It's almost like a list of FREEPERS on each. If that's the case, all of these forums pretending to be Hillary or Democrat forums are really just "Right-wing" people getting together like at a masquerade party..........
Are they "for-real" and how can we know?
I'd hate to think that I'm being duped!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

question about other forums Empty Re: question about other forums

Post  PhantomRanger Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:10 pm

a lot of people at their core are conservative. The myth that democrats are the biggest supporters of Civil Rights and the Middle Class is what tricks core conservatives into thinking they are democrats. Look how the Democrats have swindled the black community despite the Democrats having a history of denying republican supported civil rights before Johnsons signature.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TruthBeTold Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:25 pm

They're Hillary supporters, alright. At least at the HCF. Every time Hillary makes a campaign appearance for Obama, they're quick to excuse her by telling themselves she's being forced into it for various reasons. Only a true fan would be that loyal.

I've been lurking on the Hillary Clinton Forum ever since the day Palin was first introduced for the VP slot. I just find it much more appealing than Free Republic (although I also post there), and a bit addictive. The PUMA is a whole other animal from the Freeper. They don't just complain about what's going on. They take action, volunteering and contributing to the McCain campaign. They feel Obama stole the caucuses and they're very angry. They want McCain in '08 so Hillary can run in 2012. When a freeper might wring his hands and say all is lost, a PUMA will tend to work more feverishly to send out emails and man the phones. These are just my observations, of course, and no offense intended to any freepers.

As far as I can tell, many if not most are Democrats, although a few are Republicans who were attracted to Hillary. Some of the Democrats have changed their party affiliation to Independent since the primaries, though. There are also some Republicans on their forum now who weren't Hillary supporters but who registered after the Palin announcement and before the registration was shut down. They shut it down to keep from being over-run by Republicans and harrassed by Obama trolls.

It was interesting watching things develop there. When I first went there, they were impressed by Palin, but unsure whether they could vote for a Republican. I'm sure some still don't plan to, but it wasn't long before most of the posters decided that staying home was equivalent to voting for Obama.

An interesting thread they had going today featured an online quiz to show you just how liberal or conservative you are. Quite a few of the posters there found out they were more conservative than liberal. This may explain why they were willing to split with their party and vote McCain when so many other Hillary supporters went over to Obama or plan to skip voting. Of course, that's not the only reason, but it could be a factor.

What I'm learning by reading their discussions is that the stereotypes about Democrats (especially female Democrats) are no more reliable than those about Republicans (especially female Republicans).

TruthBeTold

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:25 am

>>What I'm learning by reading their discussions is that the stereotypes about Democrats (especially female Democrats) are no more reliable than those about Republicans (especially female Republicans).<<

I have a new respect for moderate Democrats. Thank the PUMAs and Hillary supporters.
They truly do put country first. Oh, some have an agenda - give Hillary a chance in 4 years, but that's ok too. That would be a fair contest. And my home and income would be safe under her. At least I'd be no more at risk than I was under B.C.

It just really seemed that the tone in those forums was so "right" I thought - these can't REALLY be Democrats, can they?
Too bad the good ones are losing their party!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebinger Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 pm

On HRC, a lot are still Democrats, then there's the former Dems that are now Independent or out-and-out Republicans now. It's now more of a pro-McCain forum than anything else.

To tell you the truth, I'm getting disgusted at both of the Clintons because of their continuing support for Obama. I can understand the concept of party loyalty, but they're shilling for a guy that can't or won't even produce his real birth certificate. Rolling Eyes
Ebinger
Ebinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down