Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO WONDER so many americans thought Biden won...

+3
PalinRocks7
I_(heart)_Sarah
BillD
7 posters

Go down

NO WONDER so many americans thought Biden won... Empty NO WONDER so many americans thought Biden won...

Post  BillD Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:46 pm

They simply couldn't understand what Sarah was saying.....

Debate analysis: Palin spoke at 10th-grade level, Biden at eighth
CNN ^

Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 9:34:40 PM by Chet 99

(CNN) -- An analysis carried out by a language monitoring service said Friday that Gov. Sarah Palin spoke at a more than ninth-grade level and Sen. Joseph Biden spoke at a nearly eighth-grade level in Thursday night's debate between the vice presidential candidates. Sen. Joe Biden used 5,492 words during the debate; Gov. Sarah Palin used 5,235.

The analysis by the Austin, Texas-based Global Language Monitor said Palin, governor of Alaska and the GOP vice presidential nominee, used the passive voice in 8 percent of her sentences, far more than the 5 percent used by the Democratic senator from Delaware.

The analysis noted that the "passive voice can be used to deflect responsibility; Biden used active voice when referring to [Vice President Dick] Cheney and [President] Bush; Palin countered with passive deflections."

"It obscures the doer of the action," said Language Monitor President Paul Payack, an independent with no political affiliation.

The two candidates were nearly even in total number of words spoken. The normally voluble Biden restrained his tendency to ramble by uttering just 5,492 words during the 90-minute debate, versus 5,235 for Palin, Payack said.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ... http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/03/debate.words/
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

NO WONDER so many americans thought Biden won... Empty Re: NO WONDER so many americans thought Biden won...

Post  I_(heart)_Sarah Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Did you catch the CNN spin on that?

"An analysis carried out by a language monitoring service said Friday that Gov. Sarah Palin spoke at a more than ninth-grade level"=10th grade
"and Sen. Joseph Biden spoke at a nearly eighth-grade level"=7th grade

But CNN had to up Biden a grade.

I_(heart)_Sarah

Back to top Go down

NO WONDER so many americans thought Biden won... Empty Re: NO WONDER so many americans thought Biden won...

Post  PalinRocks7 Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:32 pm

An eight grader speaks like this? Now I believe Palin being a tenth grader, just listen to her reponse to Biden, CLASSLESS and HEARTLESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1W1_sTgFE

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:33 am

PalinRocks7 wrote:An eight grader speaks like this? Now I believe Palin being a tenth grader, just listen to her reponse to Biden, CLASSLESS and HEARTLESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1W1_sTgFE

LOL! This troll is certainly inventive.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:33 am

Do we have to speak at a FIRST grade level so YOU can understand, little alien ??
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  GOPgal Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:01 am

PalinRocks7 wrote:An eight grader speaks like this? Now I believe Palin being a tenth grader, just listen to her reponse to Biden, CLASSLESS and HEARTLESS.......

Still trolling. Here's a better video:

I realize this is from Feb. of this year, but I'm still going to ask you the same question as Matthews. Name one legislative accomplishment of Barack Obama (besides murdering babies who are born alive, now that's classless and heartless but I digress.....). Just one legislative accomplishment.
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Post  PalinRocks7 Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:08 am

Siouxie wrote:Do we have to speak at a FIRST grade level so YOU can understand, little alien ??
I...Like...Obama...Obama ist great!

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:10 am

PalinRocks7 wrote:
Siouxie wrote:Do we have to speak at a FIRST grade level so YOU can understand, little alien ??

Obama ist great?? Ist our trolls learning??
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:13 am

Didn't Hitler make the kids say something like that, too?
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  PalinRocks7 Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:19 am

Siouxie wrote:
PalinRocks7 wrote:

Obama ist great?? Ist our trolls learning??
Yes he is! I'm now voting for Bush, I mean McCain! I can't wait to pay $10 a gallon for gas and see the country collapse like the Roman Empire did!! MCSAME! MCSAME! MCSAME!

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:23 am

BTW, how old are you ..like 5??? geek
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  GOPgal Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:12 pm

PalinRocks7 writes: I ...Like...Obama...Obama ist great!

Catch this: Obama ist great....like uh, der fuhrer ist....eh? Little Hitler youth (er, eh obama youth) in action! And still can't answer the basic question:

What has Obama done? Name one LEGISLATIVE action Obama has written or co-sponsored.......

Besides killing babies that is.

Crickets........
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:37 pm

PalinRocks7 wrote:I can't wait to pay $10 a gallon for gas and see the country collapse like the Roman Empire did!! MCSAME! MCSAME! MCSAME!

Pay attention to this so called Casual Visitors. When McCain is elected gas will magically be $10 a for 9/10 Gallon. All of this new American Oil and the increase of fuel economic and non gas transportation. And don't forget the Messiah's message of inflating tires and getting a tune up. All of this will somehow magically make gas $10 a gallon. Oh, and don't forget the market trends that break laws of demand and laws of supply. When gas goes up, people panic and buy more, causing demand to go up. When gas goes down, people buy gas liesurely and don't fill up full tanks as much, causing demand to go down, a trend that is currently happening. So yeah, some how some way McCain is going to smother his hands together and laugh maniacally in his secret chamber of evil along with Doctor Doom and Mr Burns and Bluto and the PacMan Ghosts and The Blockheads from Gumby, who meet every Sunday for Brunch and to discuss how they're going to destroy the world by using Jedi mind tricks to make gas skyrocket prices.

Doctor Dooms roll; he's cool looking and has resource for transportation and breaking stuff
Mr Burns roll; chairman of the "Those who own Big Business" board who discuss how they're going to price gouge and evade taxes and replace labor with machines and mexicans and mexican machines.
Bluto; intimidates people into buying gas guzzlers
PacMan Ghosts; they hide in hybrids and hydrofuel cars and scare away anyone who buys them
Blockheads; should anyone buy alternative fuel, the blockheads already rigged the machines to break and be unreliable.

Evil evil evil republicans of small a america.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GOPgal Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 pm

PalinRocks7 said: Yes he is! I'm now voting for Bush, I mean McCain! I can't wait to pay $10 a gallon for gas and see the country collapse like the Roman Empire did!! MCSAME! MCSAME! MCSAME!

Not the sharpest pencil in the box are you? Democrats in Congress have been blocking new drilling and new refineries for YEARS and you blame republicans? I seem to recall just a little over a month ago Queen Pelosi (hint: DEMOCRAT not GOP) refused to have a vote on the floor of the house regarding energy and took a 6 week vacation, while house republicans stayed on the floor and FOUGHT to get a vote for more drilling and to tackle the high gas prices. The Republicans fought, the Dems went on vacation, and you think its the republicans fault????? scratch

McCain is out there campaigning 'Drill baby Drill' and saying we need new refineries, and we need to explore oil shale and anything else we can think of saying we need to do everything. And Obama is out there with his tire gauge saying, "Inflate your tires more or get a bicycle". In other words you think Obama's tire gauge philosophy + no drilling + no new refineries is going to reduce gas prices?!?!? lol!
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Post  PalinRocks7 Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:30 am

GOPgal wrote:
PalinRocks7 said: Yes he is! I'm now voting for Bush, I mean McCain! I can't wait to pay $10 a gallon for gas and see the country collapse like the Roman Empire did!! MCSAME! MCSAME! MCSAME!

Not the sharpest pencil in the box are you? Democrats in Congress have been blocking new drilling and new refineries for YEARS and you blame republicans? I seem to recall just a little over a month ago Queen Pelosi (hint: DEMOCRAT not GOP) refused to have a vote on the floor of the house regarding energy and took a 6 week vacation, while house republicans stayed on the floor and FOUGHT to get a vote for more drilling and to tackle the high gas prices. The Republicans fought, the Dems went on vacation, and you think its the republicans fault????? scratch

McCain is out there campaigning 'Drill baby Drill' and saying we need new refineries, and we need to explore oil shale and anything else we can think of saying we need to do everything. And Obama is out there with his tire gauge saying, "Inflate your tires more or get a bicycle". In other words you think Obama's tire gauge philosophy + no drilling + no new refineries is going to reduce gas prices?!?!? lol!
Who started the drilling ban...REPUBLICANS! At least I'm somewhat sharp in that box, your just flat out dull. Obama has a plan to have our system shifted to 100% renewable energies within 10 years. Republicans say it can't be done. Hmmm, I remember reading a lot of people thought John F. Kennedy was crazy for thinking we could land a man on the Moon and return him safely to Earth within 10 years. I'm sure drilling will help though, we will see the refined oil in 10 years, it will only last for a certain period of time and we will still be in the same situation. So yes, it is the Republicans fault...THEY CREATED THE BAN. *Passes pencil sharpener to GOPGal.

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  GOPgal Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Who started the drilling ban...REPUBLICANS! At least I'm somewhat sharp in that box, your just flat out dull. Obama has a plan to have our system shifted to 100% renewable energies within 10 years. Republicans say it can't be done. Hmmm, I remember reading a lot of people thought John F. Kennedy was crazy for thinking we could land a man on the Moon and return him safely to Earth within 10 years. I'm sure drilling will help though, we will see the refined oil in 10 years, it will only last for a certain period of time and we will still be in the same situation. So yes, it is the Republicans fault...THEY CREATED THE BAN. *Passes pencil sharpener to GOPGal.

Republicans created the ban! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA <gasp> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Thanks for proving me right *passes pencil sharpener right back* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Yeah sure Genius, it was the GOP who went on vacation for 6 weeks instead of VOTING ON AN ENERGY PLAN - uh no Dipwad -that would be Pelosi and company! Democrats created that ban and they've continued that ban in order to please their environmental lobbyists!!! Is the GOP in the environmental camp PalinRocks7???? Yes or NO? Do the greenies vote DEM or GOP? Yes or NO? That ALONE TELLS YOU WHO GAVE US THE DRILLING BAN! You've swallowed the koolaid again by Dems in congress trying to cover their rear ends.

I've been in Congress and I've personally seen Republicans attempting to get drilling and new refineries and DEMOCRATS BLOCKING IT! Try that spin on someone without a brain.

Obama has a plan? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA <gasp> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Would this include his tire gauge and go get a bicycle plan???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Hey Genius! What are you going to do and how are you going to get to work during this 'ten year plan' huh? LOL! My husband works for an electric utility - trust me when I say there is NO WAY IN HELL anything other than fossil fuels is going to come online in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 AT LEAST genius. And it won't even be 25 if YOU DON'T DRILL AND PROVIDE RELIEF IN THE MEANTIME! Its MCCAIN who is seeking TO DO EVERYTHING - Drilling, exploration, new alternatives, etc. etc. etc. The ONLY PLAN OBAMA HAS IS A TIRE GAUGE!
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:05 pm

This troll is as dumb as a "Rock".

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 pm

I say he's dumber, is that is at all possible.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  GOPgal Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:24 pm

Siouxie wrote:I say he's dumber, is that is at all possible.

Well, you gotta admit - he is comic relief! Very Happy Laughing
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Post  PalinRocks7 Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:41 pm

GOPgal wrote:

Republicans created the ban! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA <gasp> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Thanks for proving me right *passes pencil sharpener right back* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Yeah sure Genius, it was the GOP who went on vacation for 6 weeks instead of VOTING ON AN ENERGY PLAN - uh no Dipwad -that would be Pelosi and company! Democrats created that ban and they've continued that ban in order to please their environmental lobbyists!!! Is the GOP in the environmental camp PalinRocks7???? Yes or NO? Do the greenies vote DEM or GOP? Yes or NO? That ALONE TELLS YOU WHO GAVE US THE DRILLING BAN! You've swallowed the koolaid again by Dems in congress trying to cover their rear ends.

I've been in Congress and I've personally seen Republicans attempting to get drilling and new refineries and DEMOCRATS BLOCKING IT! Try that spin on someone without a brain.

Obama has a plan? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA <gasp> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Would this include his tire gauge and go get a bicycle plan???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Hey Genius! What are you going to do and how are you going to get to work during this 'ten year plan' huh? LOL! My husband works for an electric utility - trust me when I say there is NO WAY IN HELL anything other than fossil fuels is going to come online in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 AT LEAST genius. And it won't even be 25 if YOU DON'T DRILL AND PROVIDE RELIEF IN THE MEANTIME! Its MCCAIN who is seeking TO DO EVERYTHING - Drilling, exploration, new alternatives, etc. etc. etc. The ONLY PLAN OBAMA HAS IS A TIRE GAUGE!
George Bush senior was the one who implemented the ban, you can read that anywhere it's a fact.

I'm glad I saved this article to show someone like you that keeping tire pressure at the correct levels does help save gas. It's simple fix to save gas that doesn't cost anything.

READ:

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1829354,00.html?cnn=yes

How out of touch is Barack Obama? He's so out of touch that he suggested that if all Americans inflated their tires properly and took their cars for regular tune-ups, they could save as much oil as new offshore drilling would produce. Gleeful Republicans have made this their daily talking point; Rush Limbaugh is having a field day; and the Republican National Committee is sending tire gauges labeled "Barack Obama's Energy Plan" to Washington reporters.

But who's really out of touch? The Bush Administration estimates that expanded offshore drilling could increase oil production by 200,000 bbl. per day by 2030. We use about 20 million bbl. per day, so that would meet about 1% of our demand two decades from now. Meanwhile, efficiency experts say that keeping tires inflated can improve gas mileage 3%, and regular maintenance can add another 4%. Many drivers already follow their advice, but if everyone did, we could immediately reduce demand several percentage points. In other words: Obama is right.

In fact, Obama's actual energy plan is much more than a tire gauge. But that's not what's so pernicious about the tire-gauge attacks. Politics ain't beanbag, and Obama has defended himself against worse smears. The real problem with the attacks on his tire-gauge plan is that efforts to improve conservation and efficiency happen to be the best approaches to dealing with the energy crisis — the cheapest, cleanest, quickest and easiest ways to ease our addiction to oil, reduce our pain at the pump and address global warming. It's a pretty simple concept: if our use of fossil fuels is increasing our reliance on Middle Eastern dictators while destroying the planet, maybe we ought to use less.

The RNC is trying to make the tire gauge a symbol of unseriousness, as if only the fatuous believed we could reduce our dependence on foreign oil without doing the bidding of Big Oil. But the tire gauge is really a symbol of a very serious piece of good news: we can use significantly less energy without significantly changing our lifestyle. The energy guru Amory Lovins has shown that investment in "nega-watts" — reduced electricity use through efficiency improvements — is much more cost-effective than investment in new megawatts, and the same is clearly true of nega-barrels. It might not fit the worldviews of right-wingers who deny the existence of global warming and insist that reducing emissions would destroy our economy, or of left-wing Earth-firsters who insist that maintaining our creature comforts would destroy the world, but there's a lot of simple things we can do on the demand side before we start rushing to ratchet up supply.

We can use those twisty carbon fluorescent lightbulbs. We can unplug our televisions, computers and phone chargers when we're not using them. We can seal our windows, install more insulation and adjust our thermostats so that we waste less heat and air-conditioning. We can use more-efficient appliances, build more-efficient homes and drive more-efficient cars, preferably with government assistance. And, yes, we can inflate our tires and tune our engines, as Republican governors Arnold Schwarzenegger of California and Charlie Crist of Florida have urged, apparently without consulting the RNC. While we're at it, we can cut down on idling, which can improve fuel economy another 5%, and cut down on speeding and unnecessary acceleration, which can increase mileage as much as 20%.

And that's just the low-hanging fruit. There are other ways to reduce demand for oil — more public transportation, more carpooling, more telecommuting, more recycling, less exurban sprawl, fewer unnecessary car trips, buying less stuff and eating less meat — that would require at least some lifestyle changes. But things like tire gauges can reduce gas bills and carbon emissions now, with little pain and at little cost and without the ecological problems and oil-addiction problems associated with offshore drilling. These are the proverbial win-win-win solutions, reducing the pain of $100 trips to the gas station by reducing trips to the gas station. And Americans are already starting to adopt them, ditching SUVs, buying hybrids, reducing overall gas consumption. It's hard to see why anyone who isn't affiliated with the oil industry would object to them.

Of course, in recent years, the Republican Party has been affiliated with the oil industry. It was the oilman Dick Cheney who dismissed conservation as a mere sign of "personal virtue," not a basis for energy policy. It was the oilman George W. Bush who resisted efforts to regulate carbon emissions. And most congressional Republicans have been even more reliable water carriers for the industry's interests.

John McCain has been a notable exception. He is not an oilman; he has pushed to regulate carbon emissions; and he opposed Bush's pork-stuffed energy bill, which Obama supported. He also opposed efforts to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and until recently opposed new offshore drilling. But now that gas prices have spiked, McCain is running for President on a drill-first platform, and polls suggest that most Americans agree with him. It's sad to see his campaign adopting the politics of the tire gauge, promoting the fallacy that Americans are powerless to address their own energy problems. Because the truth is: Yes, we can. We already are.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_offshore_drilling_debate

The 2008 US offshore drilling debate is an ongoing debate in the USA on whether or not offshore drilling for new wells off the coast of the US should be allowed.

The issue saw increased coverage as president George W. Bush in July 2008 lifted a 1990 executive order by George H. W. Bush banning offshore drilling,[1] while at the same time calling for drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.[2]

Per August 2008, a 1981 federal ban is still in place, making Bush's action a symbolic gesture. The issue of offshore drilling has become central in the 2008 presidental election, not least because of the oil price increases since 2003. It is also being debated in terms of both environmental issues and U.S. energy independence. As of September 2008, the Democratic nominee Barack Obama is against off shore drilling (although he is considering it), and John McCain is for offshore drilling.[2]

President Bush´s Energy Policy has been named as ‘drill and veto’ by Speaker Nancy Pelosi.[3] Legislation discussed in the Congress about drilling includes Drill Responsibly in Leased Lands (DRILL) Act (H.R. 6515).[4]

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Truth?? What is this truth you speak of?? Obama doesn't know the meaning of it and neither do you or the rest of you Obots. Wake up and smell the Kool-Aid.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  GOPgal Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 pm

To PalinRocks7:

LOL! Glad to see you are actively supporting the Tire Gauge Plan!
Laughing So when does that new bicycle come in???

BTW: Bush 41 did sign one ban, that was not the only one, there were several previous to his and he was caving to Democrats in Congress when he signed-it. It ticked off his Republican base, just so you know.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/1181762,CST-FIN-tanker24.article - 25-year ban on offshore drilling nears end — House votes to allow it. Question, who was president 25 years ago???? What was the date? (Hint: 1983 and Reagan was pres with a DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED CONGRESS who passed this ban).

http://environment.newscientist.com/article/mg19926753.400-us-house-lifts-27year-ban-on-coastal-drilling.html - US House Lifts 27-year Ban on Coastal Drilling. Question, who was president 27 years ago? What was the date? (Hint: 1981, again Reagan, and again a DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED CONGRESS).

Do you even remember when Carter was president??? I do. We had an energy crisis then with gas shortages, people were ziphoning gas out of other's peoples cars. We should have drilled then, and built new refineries then, but we had a total Democrat control of Congress. Answer? Nothing happened.

Save the spin for people who aren't drinking Obama koolaid.
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:17 pm

As a trained professional automotive technician (awards show I was the best in Iowa)
I find: >>
I'm glad I saved this article to show someone like you that keeping tire pressure at the correct levels does help save gas. It's simple fix to save gas that doesn't cost anything.<<

is such a minor thing. anyone who gets their oil changed at jiffy lube already has done that. "lube stations" include checking tire pressure as a routine part of the procedure.
Oh, it saves, but geesh, if that's the BEST they can do?
And new cars have systems that automatically warn of low tire pressure. It's the law. Been in place for a while. Even the dreaded SUVs have to have 'em.
So this "tip" really applies to older cars, or cars that their owners already don't maintain, so it's falling on deaf ears, so to speak!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down