Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Everyman on the Trail, With Perks at Home

+3
BillD
Nariman
Starlight
7 posters

Go down

An Everyman on the Trail, With Perks at Home Empty An Everyman on the Trail, With Perks at Home

Post  Starlight Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:12 am

Ole Joe says he's just a regular guy!! Who does he think he is - Sarah Palin??? Rolling Eyes

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/us/politics/02finances.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

An Everyman on the Trail, With Perks at Home Empty Re: An Everyman on the Trail, With Perks at Home

Post  Nariman Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:22 pm

Sarah Palin gets grief for putting a tanning bed in her home, using her own money. Biden gets a free pass for spending tax payer money to mow his lawn. And there's no sexism in this race at all. Obviously...

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

An Everyman on the Trail, With Perks at Home Empty Re: An Everyman on the Trail, With Perks at Home

Post  BillD Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 pm

I see a good reason to put a tanning bed in a home in Alaska.........
It's been proven that less sunlight leads to health issues and personality changes. Ever heard of "cabin fever"?
It's real - lack of daylight.
And how ya gonna tan in ALASKA?? DUH - even in summer the angle of the sun is less than ideal. And their summer is SHORT.
The pundits were also wrong - you can get good tanning beds for the home quite cheap - check eBay, etc.
One reporter said something in the neighborhood of several thousand or so - not necessarily.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Nariman Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Exactly BillD, Palin has plenty of good reasons to have a tanning bed, and she paid for it herself, and it becomes front page news, while Biden, spends thousands of tax payer dollars for land scaping and other silly things, and this is the first time I've heard anything about it. It's disgusting what the Obama ticket gets to get away with.

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:10 pm

When the sun doesn't make an appearance until sometime between 10-10:30 in the morning and is pitch black by 3:00 in the afternoon, a sunbed is something that is a HUGE help for mental health. One weekend when I lived in Anchorage it snowed 48 inches in 48 hours . . . and the sun actually peaked through now and then. Unless you have lived in Alaska, you have no idea of the challenges presented living in our 49th state. People who choose to live there year to year are the most mentally strong people that I have ever known. You have to be a strong willed person to live there.

It cracks me up when they go after her for her speech pattern. I was born and raised in WA state. She sounds like people from my neck of the woods. I remember when I lived back east for 5 years people remarked about my "accent". I don't think we sound any different that most of the people you hear on TV.

I guess I would be considered a hick, but I can bet that my experiences beat the majority of the TV pundits. If it takes hobnobbing with celebrities, I have done my share of it. Most of them I have found to be dull and self-absorbed. I won't bore you with that stuff, though.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  PalinRocks7 Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:47 pm

Biden said his total investment is his house, he's paid for a job by tax payers...WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT HE SPENDS IT ON....it's his money! Do you think Palin has purchased anything with her tax payer paid income? If you say no...just wow. Oh, I bet Biden lossing his wife and child don't matter to you, being a single parent probably doesn't matter or being able to recover from a such a horrible incident like Joe did does it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1W1_sTgFE

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:09 am

PalinRocks7 wrote: Oh, I bet Biden lossing his wife and child don't matter to you, being a single parent probably doesn't matter or being able to recover from a such a horrible incident like Joe did does it?

Yep. That's exactly how we all feel.
Daily Mission Objective: Be apathetic of everyone else's pain and tribulation; Mission accomplished.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:31 am

Palins gave to charity in 2 years 17 times more than Biden gave in 20 years. So who puts into action their words? Certainly not Biden. It has to be embarrassing to have only given $360ish in 20 years to charity. I give that much in a month.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:24 am

>>Oh, I bet Biden lossing his wife and child don't matter to you, being a single parent probably doesn't matter or being able to recover from a such a horrible incident like Joe did does it?
<<

Again, what's that got to do with ANYTHING? A nanny provides for them............
And again, I feel for him as a human at such as extreme and painful loss, but it ends there, as he and others like him cost ME daily. I also believe he's using that loss, attempting to make others feel sorry for him. Time to move on. A few of us have been through similar things. And as humans, and God's children, we feel his pain and pray for him. But I won't elect him because of his pain because on the job, he's an idiot and career politician who is on a daily basis, showing he's less knowledgable in foreign affairs that we were led to believe.
And telling all that his chopper was "forced down" - leading us to believe he was in danger? Snow flakes forced that chopper down! He was not in immediate danger! (other than getting a chill) Folks nearly stoned Hillary to death for a similar gaffe, but he gets a pass.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:19 pm

WA State Voter wrote:Palins gave to charity in 2 years 17 times more than Biden gave in 20 years.

Oh she did that just to itemize her taxes for a bigger return. Selfish Selfish GREEDY business woman. I'm just kidding of course. I should really stop at all my vain attempts to feed the opposition with sarcasm.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PalinRocks7 Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:35 am

BillD wrote:>>Oh, I bet Biden lossing his wife and child don't matter to you, being a single parent probably doesn't matter or being able to recover from a such a horrible incident like Joe did does it?
<<

Again, what's that got to do with ANYTHING? A nanny provides for them............
And again, I feel for him as a human at such as extreme and painful loss, but it ends there, as he and others like him cost ME daily. I also believe he's using that loss, attempting to make others feel sorry for him. Time to move on. A few of us have been through similar things. And as humans, and God's children, we feel his pain and pray for him. But I won't elect him because of his pain because on the job, he's an idiot and career politician who is on a daily basis, showing he's less knowledgable in foreign affairs that we were led to believe.
And telling all that his chopper was "forced down" - leading us to believe he was in danger? Snow flakes forced that chopper down! He was not in immediate danger! (other than getting a chill) Folks nearly stoned Hillary to death for a similar gaffe, but he gets a pass.
You make him out to be an elitist who's never been through a difficult time (like regular people). I'm disgusted at your nanny comment, come on are you really that heartless and think that a mother can be so easily replaced?

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 pm

Joe Bidden is anything BUT an average Joe, even if he was born in Scranton a million years ago.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Elitism has nothing to do with having a family or not, or losing a loved one.
Maybe, just maybe, you should look up the definition........ it sure fits Obama's WIFE, and Obama himself, and to some extent, Biden.
Elitists and non alike can have nannies, means nothing about how much they care for a child. Some great parents have had to had nannies. Again, that's totally disconnected from his JOB for which he gets paid handsomely.
I never implied a nanny was a mother replacement. The fact he didn't quickly re-marry shows he knows that you can't replace a "mother".
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down