Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are they talking like obama did it correctly.

+4
cara
PhantomRanger
Siouxie
BillD
8 posters

Go down

Why are they talking like obama did it correctly. Empty Why are they talking like obama did it correctly.

Post  BillD Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:25 am

when really, IMO, McCain did it correctly.
Obama called Senator McCain by "John" while McCain addressed him as "Senator Obama".
The media is acting like Obama did the right thing and seemed more relaxed when he did so, however....
Don't these morons know that the PROPER way to address a Senator in public is "Senator xxx" ?? It's just simple etiquette and a show of respect! When I see my doctor in a store, etc. I address him as "Doctor Gaumer" I don't go up and say "hi, Ben".
When you are in the Senate in session, you should always address them by their title, not first name. At least that's how I was taught. Obama was trying to be "too familiar" and folksy. And the MSM thought it made him appear "more friendly, down to earth". BS.
McCain was in public at a formal function, he did the proper thing - "Senator". I guess he should have called him "Barry" !!

Am I incorrect? Isn't the proper way to address a person of stature or office, even when your peer or equal, to address them by their proper title?? Any young folks recall this from school? Has it changed?
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Why are they talking like obama did it correctly. Empty Re: Why are they talking like obama did it correctly.

Post  Siouxie Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:32 am

I totally agree, Bill. As a sign or respect and proper decorum, "Barry" should have not only addressed John McCain as "Senator McCain", but he should have remembered his name and not called him Tom or Jim.
There's a time to be friendly and down-to-earth and this was not it.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Why are they talking like obama did it correctly. Empty Re: Why are they talking like obama did it correctly.

Post  PhantomRanger Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Hahaha! Barry!
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Why are they talking like obama did it correctly. Empty RESPECT

Post  cara Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:40 am

Much as billclinton refused to ever refer to the first President Bush as President we get the same ugly lack of respect from Obama.

We expect nothing more from democrats. No honor, no integrity, no class.

cara

Back to top Go down

Post  PalinRocks7 Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:17 pm

As a sign of respect your opponent should look you in the eye when you answer them as well as when listening to an answer from your opponent. There's something wrong with someone that doesn't look you in the eye when responding to you, usually means there lying, not that surprising when it comes to McCain.

PalinRocks7

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Yeah, almost everyone agrees, McCain blew it not looking at O.
Even a lot of republicans are "what's up with that
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Hmm.....
Something here is not sitting right with me.
And I'm not talking about the debates.

Suspect

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Oh, you mean the troll in sheep's clothing?
Scoping things out for his boss, the marxist, the free-speech killer, the "get in their faces" thug from the 'hood?
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:36 pm

BillD wrote:Oh, you mean the troll in sheep's clothing?
Scoping things out for his boss, the marxist, the free-speech killer, the "get in their faces" thug from the 'hood?

Well, PalinRocks' comments definitely don't reflect the screen name.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Since when did anything having to do with Obama have anything to do with honesty. Obama is about being thugs.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 pm

I agree....I'm smelling something fishy too. I'm skeptical that way.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nariman Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:30 am

PalinRocks7 wrote:As a sign of respect your opponent should look you in the eye when you answer them as well as when listening to an answer from your opponent. There's something wrong with someone that doesn't look you in the eye when responding to you, usually means there lying, not that surprising when it comes to McCain.

It's all relative I suppose, you, PalinRocks7, may think that McCain avoiding eye contact is rude, I may think that Obama calling McCain by "John" instead of "Senator McCain" during a formal debate is rude.

Or one could be the byproduct of the other, because personally if someone kept referring to me in an informal way during a formal function, I would take offense, and eventually just dismiss the person as some chump. While you may not have been raised properly and just never learned about proper etiquette and not know any better, thinking all along your just being social or neighborly. At the end of the day, both candidates could have improved on their behavior, and hopefully they both will have learned by the next debate.

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:25 am

PalinRocks7 wrote: There's something wrong with someone that doesn't look you in the eye when responding to you, usually means there lying,

therefor McCain was lying. Gotcha.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down