Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise???

+4
maudy
BillD
Peggy
GOPgal
8 posters

Go down

Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise??? Empty Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise???

Post  GOPgal Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 am

Since our family's bread and butter is dependent upon 'electricity' via employment with one of the nations largest electric utilities, I've been following this story. I have pretty much now seen this thing go viral. I've seen it on Drudge, FoxNews, CNN, ABC, and CBS, along with FreeRepublic and the HillaryClintonForum. I have seen the McCain campaign come out blasting this, not only Sarah Palin, but also McCain himself. And I have seen the Obama camp lamely attempt to excuse this audio by trying to declare, 'its taken out of context', or 'he was referring to blah blah blah', etc.

All you have to do is listen to the whole thing and know it most definitely was not taken out of context and Obama does indeed plan to crush energy reliance in this country. I personally feel this is a huge, HUGE, HUGE issue voters need to be made aware of. I know at the company my husband works for -- they are going bananas this morning!!!!!! They are in absolute shock at the devastation this will do to the nation if Obama is elected tomorrow. We are simply not yet in the technological position to totally eliminate coal production in this nation. Not without sacrificing energy.

You say you don't have anyone who is employed in the coal industry or an electric utility, etc. so it won't affect you? Wrong. Consider the following chart:

Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise??? US_electricity_prod_by_coal

[I am not sure how to resize this image of electricity production by coal, so if the image is cut off here's the direct link]: http://www.sourcewatch.org/images/8/8d/US_electricity_prod_by_coal.PNG

Mark your state.....how much of your electricity comes from coal? Did you know that over 50% of our nation's electricity comes from coal???? Did you also know that even though the energy industry is working on alternative sources such as wind, etc. - that these new alternatives will NOT be able to be online and provide the bulk of our country's electricity needs for at least 25 years??? Obama is a fool when he thinks he can be done in 10.

What does this mean then for you -- it means your electric bills will skyrocket if Obama gets his way!!! Its supply and demand again. Even if you are in a state that is low on the chart, you will still be affected. If you think gas prices were bad this summer, you haven't seen anything yet. And your medical bills???? Another skyrocket as hospitals, laboratories and doctors will pass on their increasingly high energy costs to the patient. Your 'socialized Obama healthcare plan' will mean squat. Your Obama taxcut? Squashed by high electric bills.

Please get this truth out to as many people as you can before tomorrow!!!!!! Our future depends on it!
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise??? Empty Re: Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise???

Post  Peggy Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 pm

This November surprise regarding coal is really getting big. Check out Drudge. The coal organizations and leaders are weighing in on this. I only hope and pray it is enough to make a difference in the battleground states. It is all over craigslist also.

Everybody Go Vote Tomorrow and even though I am not a PUMA I simply have all the respect for you women and throughout this election you have just amazed me. You will make the difference in this election-there is no doubt about it. The MSM does not want to acknowledge your existence but you are there-FRONT AND CENTER!!!!!

Peggy

Back to top Go down

Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise??? Empty Re: Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise???

Post  BillD Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 pm

It's NOT just the "coal miners" and companies. A large chunk of the electricity in this country is coal generated. What this means, besides doom for coal miners, is that YOUR electric rates will increase, big-time. That means stores will have higher overhead - we were a SMALL business with only a few hundred square feet of space to illuminate, but our monthly electric bill was one of our largest expenses, besides, payroll.
Think of manufacturing and industry. Will they absorb this extra cost of electric???
Coal plants will be bankrupted, but what other alternative is there?
Nuke? Yeah, right - we KNOW how he and many liberals feel about nuke power!!
Wind? VERY expensive right now, especially to break into it. And, it's not reliable in all parts of the country.
Solar? The technology today is inefficient and again, unreliable in some places.
We don't have battery technology to handle the periods of no wind or no sun. Besides, batteries are expensive and BAD for the environment! Making them is an ecological nightmare, disposing of them is a nightmare.

So if he's against nukes, and coal, what else is there?
Our prices for electricity will skyrocket, thousands will be without jobs.......
Do you see where this is going?
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Obama bankrupt the coal industry story - A November Surprise??? Empty Think before talking

Post  maudy Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:29 pm

You'd better get yourself informed about job creation in renewable clean energy production, about the cost of further polluting the environment by increasing devastating hurricans, by increasing floodings, by longer dry periods and by increasing healthcare needs. Or do you think you won,t have to pay this bill? China and Europe will be thankful to create these new jobs instead of us. But probably you were also against developement of new technologies and would prefer living a 100 years ago?

maudy

Back to top Go down

Post  democrat Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:18 pm

You can take Obama's words and interpret them any way you want, but the fact is that Obama talked about the need to start producing energy from clean coal and he said WHEN the market is ready (it's not at this moment), he is ready to enforce taxes and fines on coal industries that refuse to follow the new market standards. That's like having 80% of car industry producing low emission engines, and the other 20% refusing to follow suit. Any person in their right mind will do something about it.

democrat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebinger Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Jeese. Yeah when he threatened to "bankrupt" the entire coal industry, I thought, maybe, you know, he meant to bankrupt the entire coal industry.

You managed to brainwash the entire country into voting for this nightmare, so it's time to get out of the Obama bot troll mmode and enact "change that will make a difference". Very Happy
Ebinger
Ebinger

Back to top Go down

Post  democrat Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:26 pm

Ebinger wrote:Jeese. Yeah when he threatened to "bankrupt" the entire coal industry, I thought, maybe, you know, he meant to bankrupt the entire coal industry.

You managed to brainwash the entire country into voting for this nightmare, so it's time to get out of the Obama bot troll mmode and enact "change that will make a difference". Very Happy

I guess that's the problem with republicans - you want to hear plain and simple words like: "Pro-life", "Patriotism", or "Hero". When someone tries to explain a problem and possible consequences, it becomes to complicated for you to comprehend so you search for easy keywords like "bankrupt" or "shared the wealth" and run your campaign slogans with them.

But I do agree with you on one thing - America is not ready for a president who knows that Africa is a continent and not just a country. I guess it's insulting when president elect has brains.

democrat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebinger Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Awww, how cute. Democrat, newsflash: HE WON. Give it a rest. Rolling Eyes

I
guess that's the problem with republicans - you want to hear plain and simple words like: "Pro-life", "Patriotism", or "Hero".

I'm not a Republican, but "hope" and "change" are YOUR guy's mantra.

When someone tries to explain a problem and possible consequences, it becomes to complicated for you to comprehend so you search for easy keywords like "bankrupt" or "shared the wealth" and run your campaign slogans with them

Or you can just listen to an Obama off-the-cuff answer where he uses those phrases. Very Happy

But I do agree with you on one thing - America is not ready for a president who knows that Africa is a continent and not just a country.

Now I'd disagree with you - America is ready for a president who thinks the US troops were ever in Poland during WWII, and that Iran is just a "tiny country" and that there are 57 American states. So, geopolitical knowledge is not a preeequisite to winning the WH.

I guess it's insulting when president elect has brains..

??? He wins an election, but then you're insulted because he "has brains"...all the smart people must have voted for him, does that make you feel better?

Now, you need to go blog on what he's going to do to fix the economic mess instead of trying to get his public approval rating higher. He has brains, should be easy for him.
Ebinger
Ebinger

Back to top Go down

Post  democrat Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:43 am

I'm not a Republican, but "hope" and "change" are YOUR guy's mantra.

You're not fooling anyone.

Or you can just listen to an Obama off-the-cuff answer where he uses those phrases. Very Happy

You quoted me trying to explain why you didn't get what he was saying, and then you go again and miss out the point...I give up.

Now I'd disagree with you - America is ready for a president who thinks the US troops were ever in Poland during WWII, and that Iran is just a "tiny country" and that there are 57 American states. So, geopolitical knowledge is not a preeequisite to winning the WH.

True, but I would still prefer knowing where Africa is ("as a country"). I find that more important today than knowing where US troops were 64 years ago.

??? He wins an election, but then you're insulted because he "has brains"...all the smart people must have voted for him, does that make you feel better?

LOL! I guess I really have to write in layman's terms for you to understand me.

Now, you need to go blog on what he's going to do to fix the economic mess instead of trying to get his public approval rating higher. He has brains, should be easy for him.

I already answered this one, but forgot to read the rules of this forum - not bad mouthing George W.

democrat

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:57 am

democrat wrote:

LOL! I guess I really have to write in layman's terms for you to understand me.

Try your best. Use popup books if you've got any. We're all far too stupid to understand smart people like you, but I think you're smart enough to make your message universal, yes?

I already answered this one, but forgot to read the rules of this forum - not bad mouthing George W.

There was an election last week, were you aware of this? Bush isn't getting a third term.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:12 am

Give it a break, democrat. You're not changing anyone's views by trashing what we believe in. Your guy WON. BIG WHOOP! There are plenty of places you can spew your bull and have everyone agree. Ain't happenin' here, dude.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down