Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other conservatives who were for Hillary til Sarah?

+4
Nariman
I_(heart)_Sarah
Lipstick
rachaelsdad
8 posters

Go down

Any other conservatives who were for Hillary til Sarah? Empty Any other conservatives who were for Hillary til Sarah?

Post  rachaelsdad Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Like a lot of conservatives I was for Romney but was going to have to hold my nose when voting for McCain. There was no way that Obama was ever a consideration for me; and could never imagine voting for a Clinton.

The last three months of her campaign impressed me; she was becoming a real person; no longer a caricature: a real person speaking real cures for our country. She was strong and honest and drew me in. I never doubted McCains character nor resolve; I was not sure he could provide what America needed in these times. Hillary grew a pair in those last three months and I and a lot of others I know grew to respect her.

If Mcain and Sarah take it; There is going to be a very interesting campaign leading to 2012. The choice between two strong women; Kipling will need to change his poem.

rachaelsdad

Back to top Go down

Any other conservatives who were for Hillary til Sarah? Empty Re: Any other conservatives who were for Hillary til Sarah?

Post  Lipstick Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:07 pm

I was never for Hillary Clinton but did come to respect and admire her during the democratic primaries and I'm positive she would have made a much better president than Obama. I was sickened by the way the mainstream media treated her once they were in the tank for Obama.

Lipstick

Back to top Go down

Any other conservatives who were for Hillary til Sarah? Empty Re: Any other conservatives who were for Hillary til Sarah?

Post  I_(heart)_Sarah Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:14 pm

If it was between Hillary or Mccain, I woulda voted Hillary. That was pre-Palin, though. I'm the most extreme right-wing member here, without a doubt, no brag,just fact.

I_(heart)_Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  I_(heart)_Sarah Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:14 pm

oops

I_(heart)_Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nariman Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:35 pm

As I mentioned in another post, I lean right on most issues, but Hillary really had me rooting for her, she's a strong person w/ moderate views. If she had won the democratic primary I would be wearing a Hilary button on my chest right now. When she lost, I was actually pretty bummed. Until Palin took the VP spot for McCain, and now I'm reenergized behind the Republican party.

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Think4Myself Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Historically, I tend to vote Republican. This year, would probably have been the same, but our primary elections were held after McCain had secured his nomination. So, I chose to vote for Hillary in the Democratic primary. Clearly, she was the strongest candidate on that ballot and I had grown to respect her during her uphill battle against the BO love fest/"campaign". Before this, I admit that I had never been a big fan of hers, but watching her fight through her campaign and all of the bias somehow made her seem more "real" to me. I started to listen. Although I don't agree with some of her policies, I did find some common ground on others. The biggest thing for me was that I believe that Hillary would have been more of a hawk for this country in terms of National Security...and I think Obama is a prairie dog.

Think4Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Some of you sound like my wife. She's leaning right, votes Republican most of the time, but mostly for the person and their views. She was supporting Hillary. She's VERY anti-Obama and says clearly that he scares the !$#@% outta her.
Along comes McCain, she's "ho-hum" not sure. But once Sarah Palin was introduced, that's it. She's wanted a woman in office all along, sick of the same old "good old boys" of Washington who have been there so long they forget WHY they are there or WHO pays their bills.
She's energized now.
I'm energized - I get to agree with her on this and get to vote for my choice, too! No argument, thanks to Governor Palin and Senator McCain.. Besides, when I show her the FACTS about McCain and his voting records, his rating of 100 on taxes, his TRUE bipartisonship, she does concede he'd be ok, too.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  centurion20000 Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Actually I was going to vote Constitution Party until McCain chose Palin.

That's when I knew the Republican Party was coming back to the right. Palin's a shot in the arm for conservatives.
centurion20000
centurion20000

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:42 pm

If it came between Obama and Hillary, I would choose Hillary. Obama just flat scares me. However, I was not going to vote the Dem ticket this year. I was going to vote for McCain before Palin. It just made me more excited when he picked her as his running mate.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down