Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Palin supporter here

3 posters

Go down

Another Palin supporter here Empty Another Palin supporter here

Post  SweetNightmare Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm new here, I was on the Hillaryclintonforum.net and I got the link to this site. I'll introduce myself.
I first wondered onto HCF.net through Americanthinker.com. I thought the support for Sarah Palin was amazing, to see conservatives and liberals come together, even if not for every view. I can say that many of the PUMAs and HRC supporters seem to be much more tolerant of others' views than the Obama supporters, hands down.
It is my first year of voting, I am registered as an independent but have been in support of McCain fully, and basically have conservative views. The GOP looked a bit tired as BHO racked up in the polls, I believe the minute McCain announce Sarah Palin as his VP was the moment that got me absolutely hooked on this election. The fact that she was so new sparked my interest and I agree with her on a majority of her issues (although, I am not so religious, however i am agnostic, open to anything)
As a young voter I must say, the MSM is getting on my nerves. First of all, they take me and many other young voters for fools (refer to MTV VMAs 2008) and try to pressure us to vote a certain way. Also, if they think that getting some no-talent celebrities to voice their opinions, and thinking it's going to persuade me to vote differently, they are in for a rude awakening. The MSM needs to stop trying to spoon feed young Americans their opinions and let us decide for ourselves. This also reigns true for the women of America.

I am also a pretty open minded person, while I get heated on some things I'm all up for other opinions and views.
Also, thank you for creating this forum, it is refreshing Smile

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Another Palin supporter here Empty Re: Another Palin supporter here

Post  Nariman Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums. Looks like your first time at the polls will be for a pretty amazing election, what w/ it being the first female VP Republican candidate ever. Sarah Palin definitely was a breath of life for the GOP and was what got me interested again in who I was voting for, not just who I was voting against. She connects with many Americans on many levels, that's what makes her so amazing and endearing.

I really liked what you said about the MSM trying to pressure our younger voters in the direction they think is right, it's absolutely true, and has been going on for as long as I can remember(I'm 25 so it's not that long), just this election year it seems a whole lot worse since the far left tends to control the MSM, and they don't like the idea that the GOP is being more progressive then they are. But I'm actually surprised at how much the American people are pushing back, with the two major incidents off the top of my head being US Weekly having a HUGE number of it's subscribers requesting cancellations because of their trash piece on Palin, and MSNBC removing Olbermann and Chris Matthews from the anchor chairs for election coverage because of their completely transparent biased commentary.

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Community Organizer Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Welcome!

I tell y'all, a year ago I could have never imagined this happening. Seems Palin is the uniter in this election!
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:35 pm

Thank you very much for the welcomes, Nariman & Community Organizer (clever name-lol)

Nariman
- I hope that this is the end of the current SMS and democrat party as we know it. I don't want to turn my TV on to garbage, and I don't want to fear expressing my views and passion for my candidates, not being able to put bumper-stickers on my car in fear of my tires being slashed (I'm from NJ, it happens) I can't wait for their to be 2-3 parties that have intelligent arguments and views and are able to agree to disagree, or come up with compromise. That is what America is really about- Republicans and Democrats are not enemies, but rather opponents. Opposing views, but either way are still American. And also, luckily, there are many young people who are republican, they just are not as loud about their views as others. I just found out today one of my friends since third grade was voting McCain/Palin..I was stunned to say the least. Also, I am really glad that the people are pushing back...it is good to know that we, the American people, are finally looking at the MSM and seeing them for what they really are. Maybe after this election they'll get the message for 2012 and tone down the smears, lies, and mud-slinging.

Community Organizer - You are right; she is the uniter. I find it ironic, because good ol' Obama claimed that is what he does, bring people together. When really, he (with help of his beloved MSM) in fact divided the party by smearing Hillary and then using the same tactics on Palin...Hillary Supporters and disgruntled democrats that see what has happened to their party are for once coming together with republicans to stop what is going on on the left, and to stop this guy from coming into office. He's smeared two women from both sides, in a sense it backfired on him and might have ruined his campaign indefinitely. But we can't get too comfortable.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down