Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toby hooked on Sarah....

Go down

Toby hooked on Sarah.... Empty Toby hooked on Sarah....

Post  BillD Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm

or hooked BY Sarah??

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2117708/posts

October 14, 2008

Longtime Democrat Toby Keith is registering to vote as an independent and says the left wing’s verbal attacks against Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin could lead to a win for John McCain in November, the singer-songwriter said Thursday (Oct. 2) in an interview with CMT.com.

Keith also cited erroneous headlines and reports in the media indicating that he supports Democrat Barack Obama.

“I said that he had a chance to win it as the [party’s] best candidate since Bill Clinton,” Keith said. “I said McCain is very able to run this country, too. Very qualified. ... They didn’t put anything about McCain and Palin. They just put that Toby Keith supports Obama.”

Keith said the Democratic party no longer represents his views.

“I’ve been a lifetime Democrat, and I’m re-registering this year as an independent,” he said. “It’s strictly [because] my party, that I’ve been affiliated with all these years, doesn’t stand for anything that I stand for anymore. They’ve lost any sensibility that they had, and they’ve allowed all the kooks in, so I’m going independent.”

He’s convinced the attacks on Palin are likely to backfire on the Democrats.

“It’s just like this: If I was a strong supporter of Obama and Biden ... the kooks in the Democratic party — this extreme left — are hammering Palin so bad, that they’re gonna cause John McCain to win this thing,” he said.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down