Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder!

+2
Siouxie
WA State Voter
6 posters

Go down

I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder! Empty I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder!

Post  WA State Voter Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:53 am

There is more than enough issues to nail on Obama. Why isn't the GOP start hanging some of the misdeeds around Obama's neck? My only hope is that they are waiting closer to the election date so that Obama can't get the MSM cranked up to defend him enough to make up for the damage done.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder! Empty Re: I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder!

Post  Siouxie Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:48 am

I am also cautiously optimistic in the hopes that the McCain/Palin camp has a very good reason why they're not bringing out these issues that could seriously hurt BO. I just hope they time it right.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder! Empty Re: I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder!

Post  SweetNightmare Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 pm

They ought to hold fire until 2 weeks before November 4th, and then when the time comes, bombard them (& congress) with inditements, scandles, (thanks Fannie Mae) lies, hypocracy, etc. Also mentioning the truth squads won't hurt either. And they ought to dig stuff up from history. There's loads that could destroy Obama and his campaign. But I think McCain knows that the average voter forgets things a few weeks after they come out. He'll wait til last minute and then guns will be blazing.

That would be a smart move. Corner the opponent. The GOP would be wise to do so.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

I don't understand why McCain doesn't go after Obama harder! Empty Ouch, great punch!

Post  BillD Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:21 pm

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=307667123149723
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  TruthBeTold Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:58 pm

Considering the fact that some states are already voting, I see no advantage in holding off on any issues they may be planning to bring up. Now is the time. Surely there are enough Obama weaknesses that we can focus on a different one each week between now and the final election day. If they keep allowing Obama to gain momentum, it will be too late by the time they go on the offensive. By then everyone will assume Obama's going to win and won't want to vote for the candidate they think doesn't stand a chance. It's time to take the wind out of Obama's sails.

It's getting near impossible to find a television channel that isn't playing an Obama ad every five minutes. I rarely see a McCain ad here. It would be nice to see an ad with him saying more than just "I approve this message." The McCain ads I've been seeing (thanks to YouTube) are fine, but I think it would be more effective if he did more ads speaking directly to the people. Obama certainly isn't camera shy, and the more people see his face the more they'll get used to the idea of him being their leader.

It's fine if McCain doesn't want to be seen as slinging mud, but he can still be more assertive in standing up for his own achievements and his plans for the future.

I'm so looking forward to Gov. Palin's debate, because I suspect she's a bit less shy about going after her opponents.

TruthBeTold

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 pm

McCain needs to do ads like O does - talking TO THE PEOPLE who vote, I agree. Not just "approve".
He needs to explain to people WHY he's wanting lower taxes, WHY less government. Republicans always preach lower taxes, less government, less spending, etc. but Joe 6-pack wants to know WHY that's good!
Obama says what he'll do, and Joe understands it - "O will lower my taxes and give me health care and help keep jobs here"
But what will McCains capital gains tax cut to? Makes it looks like a cut for big business, folks don't understand.
McCain needs to come across and explain it - educate the voter. IT LOOKS like O is doing that, or that's how common folks see it.
McCain seems aloof in how he advertises while Obama is talking right to you.
Mac needs to take a LESSON!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:45 am

McCain/Palin probably don't want to exhaust voters with a campaign war. I bet some of the decline for Obama's support happened because you just can't get away from news (and endorsements) from Obama. It annoys people after awhile to always hear about a certain something. I've noticed that the McCain campaign has focused a lot less on his time as POW in Vietnam.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:07 am

We ALL know of his POW years. But he should drop that now. PEople are actually getting tired of that "old story" and believe it and others make him appear to live in the past too much.

I see where some callers to a radio station were shocked at one of O's ads, and actually some Democrats/supporters of his called, expressing shock. Seems some were even sick of hearing his constant ads!

So perhaps you have a point......
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down