Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debates are about to get started.

+3
Siouxie
Susie
SweetNightmare
7 posters

Go down

Debates are about to get started. Empty Debates are about to get started.

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Anyone else watching? I am a little nervous. My parents aren't watching, they already know who they are going to vote for, and believe this will be yet another slam-McCain fest. I hope all goes well and it is unbiased. I am watching on Fox News.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Debates are about to get started. Empty Re: Debates are about to get started.

Post  Susie Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm just waiting for Bammy to start up with the uhs and umms.
Susie
Susie

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm biting my tongue here as BO says how HE was one of the ones that warned about this LOL

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So yes...I am watching.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Siouxie wrote:I'm biting my tongue here as BO says how HE was one of the ones that warned about this LOL

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That's why its imperative that we send out the video "burning down the house". It is posted on this forum and is VERY informative. BO solved nothing, he only threw gasoline onto the fire.

What a schmuck.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:20 pm

"I pay for every dime of it"...

NO...WE pay for every dime of it...dingbat!
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:32 pm

DID he just refer to John McCain as TOM???
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:36 pm

O kicked John's butt on taxes. Mac should have mentioned that if 95 % get tax cuts, then a large group that pays NO taxes gets checks.
O is killing him on taxes and economy, IMO.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Siouxie wrote:DID he just refer to John McCain as TOM???

LOL. He did?! I had to run to tell my mom it was on and we chatted for a bit. I have noticed though, that while Obama started of fiarly strong and McCain was fairly weak, it has shifted as now Obama is flip flopping (No surprise here) , his stuttering is back, and a bit of rapid blinking I see. Nervous, Mr. O?

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:38 pm

O just smacked John again on "voting with bush 90% of the time"
OUCH.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:40 pm

BillD wrote:O just smacked John again on "voting with bush 90% of the time"
OUCH.

Another stump speech IMO.
Not surprising he said it, it was to be expected. He says it everywhere all the time.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 pm

He's still flip flopping..if you asked me. He has NO clue about he's talking about regarding Iraq.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Siouxie wrote:He's still flip flopping..if you asked me. He has NO clue about he's talking about regarding Iraq.
That saddest part is he is getting so much time to do nothing but flip flop.

Are they giving him more time or does he just keep interrupting??

He keeps interrupting and it's pissing me off. Let McCain have his word and build off of it without acting like a brat.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:53 pm

OH dear God...if he keeps saying how we shouldn't have gone to Iraq, I think I'm gonna reach across my TV and SMACK HIM! He wants to appear so knowledgeable about foreign policy and he's not.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:58 pm

Siouxie wrote:OH dear God...if he keeps saying how we shouldn't have gone to Iraq, I think I'm gonna reach across my TV and SMACK HIM! He wants to appear so knowledgeable about foreign policy and he's not.

McCain is more concise with his answers. He has more foreign policy experience than O does, obviously.

Side note: For someone who is against Bush and claims McCain votes with him 90% of the time, he sure agrees with him a lot. "I agree with Senator McCain..." "Senator McCain was right..." How many times is that now, 5?

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 pm

Clearly McCain is the most experienced in foreign policy and has been there ...done that... Obama is just agreeing.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Very good debate and sorry...I may be biased but I think McCain did GREAT! cheers
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:54 pm

Just keep in mind, we're looking at this through our own filters......... We have our favorites already. It's the undecided I worry about.........
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:02 pm

BillD wrote:Just keep in mind, we're looking at this through our own filters......... We have our favorites already. It's the undecided I worry about.........

I think McCain did great. Obama went to his stuttering again, agreed with his opponent quite a few times (in a debate?!) flip flopped, talked in circles, interrupted and went off subject (From Russia to heath care? HUH?) McCain was calm, he was poised, and it showed the maturity level of the two. Maybe we are looking at it a little biased, but really...some internet polls are showing McCain was the most favorable.

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 pm

I totally agree. There is much to say about age, wisdom and experience Wink
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 pm

There is, he has debated much and has seen some of the effects of the good and bad decisions made in the White house.

Everyone, please vote on the drudge report! Poll is on right side of the screen.
http://www.drudgereport.com/

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  independant_visionary Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 pm

I am more democratic in my view points but support JM mostly because of HIS integrity and BO's total lacking in that area. According to me BO sold him well to the middle class, working class..he was looking to gain votes ( which is what i dislike ) and JM was his true maverick self. According to me it was a draw on the economy and a total smack down on foreign policy for JM. JM was presidential!. The independants might like BO's articulate manner of presenting himself and JM's substance. They also like toughness. I think they break 55-45 in Jm's favor. The VP debate becomes very important. SP has to woo the women independant voters. Thats the secret.

independant_visionary

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Obama made a senior statesman unhappy with him...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/09/tws_exclusive_kissinger_unhapp.asp
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Barack OhDrama also said a lot of things that are (to quote Al Gore in a monotonous fashion), "Absolutely Not Truuuuue" with the Federal Reserve Bail out McCain didn't enlighten what the Bail out is. So they both lost on that but then again people who do know what's going on, probably already know who they're voting for, and there's no use in trying to enlighten the undecided who aren't aware of how the bail out works. I also think McCain did a good job against Barack OhDrama on taxes only because I understand the economics behind taxing spending and borrowing while in debt, while the undecided may not, and unfortunately I think Obama gave more emotional appeal to the undecided (and unaware) and McCain didn't do enough to refute higher taxes, more regulation and "government stimulus", but luckily Obama flipped on spending and borrowing.

On Iraq I think Obama did very poorly, even with the undecided, because the undecided doesn't really care too much on the Iraq mission. Obama looked very uninformed and even worse it's hard to see where Obama stands on Iraq. If Obama won, he would let down a lot of "pull out of Iraq" democrats because you can't secure and dodge bullets and pull out all at once. What we've been doing in Iraq is working out and I think if we stay the course and continue to do more we can leave victorious and with honor (not that soldiers would be dishonored for being forced to end the mission). Unfortunately I have trouble supporting Iraq (the country, not the mission) at times but that's a different subject.

I think McCain beat Obama but McCain needed to be stronger and have more conviction on the Economy.
There is though one thing that McCain did that might set off some of the undecided and that is he snickered and smiled a lot at Obama's idiocy, which can come off as condescending, unprofessional, whatever. But since I'm biased I support McCain's laughing and smiles. Laughing

I can't wait for the Vice Presidential Debate on Thursday Exclamation
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TruthBeTold Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 pm

I agree about the smiling. It's possible McCain was just trying to avoid looking like he would lose his temper, but I wanted him to stare Obama right in the eyes and challenge him harder on his accusations. By not making eye contact it made him look like he couldn't answer Obama's charges.

On the plus side, he sounded much more knowledgeable talking about foreign policy than Obama did. I know the Obama camp is trying to say McCain is living in the past by bringing up his vast experience, but if I was interviewing people for a job I'd want to see their resumes and not just hear a lot of talk about their future plans.

TruthBeTold

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetNightmare Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:59 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:I agree about the smiling. It's possible McCain was just trying to avoid looking like he would lose his temper, but I wanted him to stare Obama right in the eyes and challenge him harder on his accusations. By not making eye contact it made him look like he couldn't answer Obama's charges.

I think the reason McCain chose not to look at Obama is because he did not want to direct attention, or give him the acknowledgment. Like "Look, you are going to disrespect me by not formally addressing me, you are going to interrupt me, then I won't even give you the time of day or respect enough to even look at you"

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down