Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why don't these facts come out?

Go down

Why don't these facts come out? Empty Why don't these facts come out?

Post  BillD Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Anyone see the bit from Fred Thompson about the home mortgage crisis? He confirmed what I thought I knew all along - congress pass a bill requiring institutions to lend to those who were less "credit-worthy" (I'm not PC, ok?)
So technically, the dems ARE to blame! Why did freddie and fannie fall? Why the mortgage crisis? Get back a decade or so........
Below is a bit from: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2083758/posts
1/26/2005--Introduced. Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005 - Amends the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 to establish: (1) in lieu of the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), an independent Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Agency which shall have authority over the Federal Home Loan Bank Finance Corporation, the Federal Home Loan Banks, the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac); and (2) the Federal Housing Enterprise Board. Sets forth operating, administrative, and regulatory provisions of the Agency, including provisions respecting: (1) assessment authority; (2) authority to limit nonmission-related assets; (3) minimum and critical capital levels; (4) risk-based capital test; (5) capital classifications and undercapitalized enterprises; (6) enforcement actions and penalties; (7) golden parachutes; and (Cool reporting. Amends the Federal Home Loan Bank Act to establish the Federal Home Loan Bank Finance Corporation. Transfers the functions of the Office of Finance of the Federal Home Loan Banks to such Corporation. Excludes the Federal Home Loan Banks from certain securities reporting requirements. Abolishes the Federal Housing Finance Board.

Further - what about the TRUTH about McCain and the computer use? He's fine with a computer, technically, and he does understand them. (look back to his 2000 campaign)

I could go on and on, but it's bugging me - why are the facts on these items not coming out? The above would make a GREAT ad - Mac DID try to overhaul things, the Dems voted it down. And congress and a certain president ARE to blame for the crisis.

I've also seen some information, I'll loosly call it "evidence" that Governor Palin was within her rights in what the MSM is calling "troopergate". Seems to me the facts and truth would end this all.

And the bit about that infamous bridge. Geesh, here's my take, and use it as you want:
She's running for office - doesn't have all the detailed info on the finances of the state, some things just aren't readily seen by a mere citizen. So she supports what seems like a good idea. Gee, congress is supporting it, including O and B who voted for it more than once, EVEN when given an out by instead using that money for Katrina releif! They still vote FOR it. So Sarah gets elected, still supports it, but wait - man, when she reads the fine print and sees what the state financial situation REALLY is - something only insiders truly know, then she decides, oops, this isn't really such a good thing. Can't really afford it.
How often have we gone shopping, telling our friends we are getting some fancy bobble or a car, only to find out after getting the info on pricing, financing and final costs, we can't afford it after all. We have to go back a bit embarrassed and explain we were wrong, after seeing all the facts, some of them facts you didn't have before, you now see you can NOT afford that car.
Anyone ever think something was a GREAT idea - until all the facts are disclosed, or you learn something you didn't know before?
A college professor explained it this way:
you go shoe shopping on Saturday, you stop at 5 or 6 stores, nothing seems quite right, finally, you get to store 7 and they have a pair you really like. A bit expensive, but a good fit and they will last. You take them home and wear them to work on Monday. A co-worker has a pair just like them. Got them on Sunday - on sale the next day at the same store. Did you make a bad decision? No, you made the best decision you could with all of the information given to you. It was a good choice and not one to be ashamed of.
Take it another direction - the co-worker got them on sale at a DIFFERENT store. So what'cha gonna do, shop at 600 stores? No. Still a good decision.
The support for the bridge, then going against it, in my mind, means that someone was able to get more information, and make a more informed decision and was not so stubborn as to not be able to take different facts and make a different choice based on those new facts.
I will think better of a politician who can change their mind like that.

What I don't like is one who keeps changing based on what's popular - like someone else we know.......

Thank you for reading my rants.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down