Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intense Pressure From Democrats Led To Snub of Palin (UN Rally)

3 posters

Go down

Intense Pressure From Democrats Led To Snub of Palin (UN Rally) Empty Intense Pressure From Democrats Led To Snub of Palin (UN Rally)

Post  Elle Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:41 pm

No People need to know just how low the DNC has gone throughout this campaign. This is a perfect example.

CBS 2 HD Has Learned Democrats Threatened To Attack Jewish Groups' Tax Exempt Status Over VP Nominee Invite

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Hillary Clinton won't be speaking at Monday's anti-Iran rally at the United Nations -- and neither will Republican Sarah Palin or any other politicians for that matter.

The reason? A heated behind the scenes tug-of-war.

Sources tell CBS 2 HD that a decision to disinvite Palin from the high profile rally after Clinton pulled out in a huff came as the result of intense pressure from Democrats.

"This is insulting. This is embarrassing, especially to Gov. Palin, to me and I think it should be to every single New Yorker," Assemblyman Dov Hikind, D-Brooklyn, told CBS 2 HD.

Sources say the axes were out for Palin as soon as Sen. Clinton pulled out because she did not want to attend the same event as the Republican vice presidential candidate.

"I have never seen such raw emotion -- on both sides," said someone close to the situation.

The groups sponsoring the rally against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaking at the UN were reportedly told, "it could jeopardize their tax exempt status" if they had Palin and not Clinton or Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden on hand. (Of course, it was the Democrats' decision not to send either of them!)

So all politicians were disinvited, most prominently, Palin.

"It's an absolute shame that this has happened," Hikind said. "To threaten organizations … to threaten the Conference of Presidents that if you don't withdraw the invitation to Gov. Palin we're going to look into your tax exempt status … that's McCarthyism."

Another Jewish group tried to step into the breach by inviting Palin to a different protest a day earlier.

"I'm absolutely appalled at the behavior of the Democrats," said Bob Kunst of Defenders.net. "I'm a Democrat and for the first time in my life I'm going to vote Republican. I can't take it anymore."

Full article:
http://wcbstv.com/local/clinton.palin.event.2.821565.html
Elle
Elle

Back to top Go down

Intense Pressure From Democrats Led To Snub of Palin (UN Rally) Empty Re: Intense Pressure From Democrats Led To Snub of Palin (UN Rally)

Post  I_(heart)_Sarah Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:57 pm

---AP-Sarah Palin told supporters Friday that "Democrat partisans" had pressured organizers of an anti-Iran rally in New York next week to withdraw an invitation for her to appear. "This should be an issue that unites all Americans. Iran should not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons, period," Palin said at a rally here. "Unfortunately, some Democrat partisans put politics first and now no elected official can appear. This should not be a matter of partisan politics."---

They just keep giving Palin more opportunities. Here's a few more Jewish votes for McCain Palin.

I_(heart)_Sarah

Back to top Go down

Intense Pressure From Democrats Led To Snub of Palin (UN Rally) Empty Re: Intense Pressure From Democrats Led To Snub of Palin (UN Rally)

Post  SweetNightmare Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:03 am

That is horrible. they should invite who they want to invite, not have "big brother" breathing down their necks and telling them what they can and can't do.

I think we can all safely agree that this election is taking a toll on everyone. It's taking a toll on patience, energy, a toll on friendships and overall relationships, I think a lot of people just want it to be November 4th already because this election is becoming so nasty that people are getting desensitized by it, or offended, no one can speak what they want (at least conservatives can't, form where I am from.) It's really really bad, and Obama, Biden, their Followers and the MSM are generating a lot of pressure, hate, mud, investigations, etc.

While it is exciting at times, it is usually draining. This is the nastiest election ever. No

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down