Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the midst of Media flaming of Gov. Palin "Abusing her Power" - you need to know the following:

4 posters

Go down

In the midst of Media flaming of Gov. Palin "Abusing her Power"  - you need to know the following: Empty In the midst of Media flaming of Gov. Palin "Abusing her Power" - you need to know the following:

Post  GOPgal Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Stephen Branchflower Report to the Legislative Council October 10, 2008

Under Finding #2 - Page 8 - I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads."

Finding #1 on page 8 completely ignores the Alaska constitution - see below. The media is spinning this, but in a nutshell Palin did nothing unlawful nor any sort of abuse. And remember this bunch were hired by Obama hitmen. Nothing partisan there! /sarc

The Alaska Constitution States the Following:

Article III § 25. Department Heads
The head of each principal department shall be a single executive unless otherwise provided by law. He shall be appointed by the governor, subject to confirmation by a majority of the members of the legislature in joint session, and shall serve at the pleasure of the governor, except as otherwise provided in this article with respect to the secretary of state. The heads of all principal departments shall be citizens of the United States.

A quote put out by the McCain campaign:

Today’s report shows that the Governor acted within her proper and lawful authority in the reassignment of Walt Monegan. The report also illustrates what we’ve known all along: this was a partisan led inquiry run by Obama supporters and the Palins were completely justified in their concern regarding Trooper Wooten given his violent and rogue behavior. Lacking evidence to support the original Monegan allegation, the Legislative Council seriously overreached, making a tortured argument to find fault without basis in law or fact. The Governor is looking forward to cooperating with the Personnel Board and continuing her conversation with the American people regarding the important issues facing the country.

The whole abuse of power is nothing more or less than a witch hunt put out by the Obama campaign. Throw this into the medias face.
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

In the midst of Media flaming of Gov. Palin "Abusing her Power"  - you need to know the following: Empty Re: In the midst of Media flaming of Gov. Palin "Abusing her Power" - you need to know the following:

Post  Siouxie Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:19 am

They were discussing this issue on Fox this morning and their legal expert said the same thing. She had every right to fire him as Governor and insinuated that indeed it was political. I have no problem with her firing the idiot for being insubordinate OR not getting rid of that jerk of a trooper.
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

In the midst of Media flaming of Gov. Palin "Abusing her Power"  - you need to know the following: Empty Re: In the midst of Media flaming of Gov. Palin "Abusing her Power" - you need to know the following:

Post  SweetNightmare Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:40 am

I wouldn't put it past them, either.
Wanna know what? I was on my myspace one day when an acquaintance of mine put out a bulletin saying that, Palin wanted to teach only creationalism in school (he's a hardcore atheist, hates religion....I dislike atheists like that) Anyway, he said and I quote "That c--t should be assassinated"

And, he was a peppy upper middle class white kid. It's not just about race...just pure ignorance.

Needless to say I deleted him right then and refuse to speak to him.
The beauty of it all though is that he's not old enough to vote Laughing

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post  BillD Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:28 am

You need to straighten them out - she made no such comment.
People twist words to fit their own agenda or meaning. They take things out of context.
I see it all the time with Biblical quotes, even the Church has twisted things for their own agenda over the centuries, no surprise fools in this century would do the same.
Sarah Palin made NO such recommendations.
In fact, I wish I could recall the issue, but it was brought up that some thing should be done in Alaska, might have even been a recommendation to her about a similar topic - her response was "no, that would be unconstitutional" - so she has her beliefs, but supports the constitution FIRST and above her own thoughts.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down