Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCain has lost the senior vote.....

4 posters

Go down

McCain has lost the senior vote..... Empty McCain has lost the senior vote.....

Post  BillD Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:21 pm

likely due to Obama's hammering away to them that he'll strip them of the SS benefits and so on.
They must be falling for his lies. McCain won't hurt senior citizens............ and you could bet that if he tried, Sarah would be all over him, scolding him for it.
That's what's cool about this ticket - I have a feeling if she disagrees, she'll tell him all about it.
oops - forgot to shift-insert!

Gallup Shows Big Shift Toward Obama Among Seniors
Since August, Gallup has presented its tracking polls broken down by voter subgroups. With two months of data collected, some interesting trends emerge. One of the most troubling for the McCain campaign is the shift among seniors. McCain supporters had hoped older voters would offset his deficit among the under-30 crowd. Not only were elderly Americans more supportive of the Republican nominee, but they historically turn out in higher proportions.

Back in early August, McCain held an eight-point lead (47%-39%) among those age 65-plus. He also trailed by a small margin with the 30-49 group (-3) and those between 50-64 (-4). Among younger voters 18-29 years of age, McCain trailed by nearly 30 points (-29).

The most recent polling shows little movement in the three under-65 age groups. McCain “improves” to -26 points among the under-30 crowd, slips to -6 among those 30-49 and moves up to -2 with the 50-64 year olds. But it’s within the 65-plus crowd where the most significant movement occurs. McCain support among seniors slips from +8 to -1.

The net shift of nine points among seniors is the biggest move among any subgroup, meaning seniors account for a major part of McCain’s slump in the overall numbers. This is not welcome news for Team McCain following a lot of other negative polling trends in the past two weeks.

But this election has been filled with surprises. And a few more in the next month would keep things normal.
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

McCain has lost the senior vote..... Empty Re: McCain has lost the senior vote.....

Post  WA State Voter Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:31 pm

It will bounce back. Especially when John McCain explains the situation and shows that Obama is once again lying.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

McCain has lost the senior vote..... Empty Re: McCain has lost the senior vote.....

Post  independant_visionary Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:45 pm

Yes I agree with Gallup on that and it is a trend which I believe the JM campaign is aware of ..hence the 300B$ homeforeclosure plan. I want to know how a fiscal conservative comprehends such a plan. According to me it will be viable- actually good if it is included in the 700B but if it is additional government spending ...then ..dicey..

If the economy falters the worst hit are always senior citizens....their 401K gets affected and there is no time to retrieve/repair....retirement is at a threat..its troubling and the blame does always fall with the current administration coupled with BO's despicable ads on SS / Healthcare.

independant_visionary

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebinger Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Gallup now has Obama up by 11? Very Happy

I doubt that's accurate, they won't reveal their methodology or any useful statistics anymore, I still think these polls are some sort of plan, conscious or not, to demoralize the anti-Obama vote so they just give up and bow to Barack like his supporters do.
Ebinger
Ebinger

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Gallup uses only registered voters, not likely voters. Plus, they have always leaned to the Democrats. Always.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  independant_visionary Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:18 pm

oh ..ya ...I did post something about Gallup on how erratic they had been in 2000 and I definitely don't believe the 11 pt lead but its true the current economic conditions does hurt the seniors the most. JM has to connect..I think he as started but he has to show passion and try to drive home the never say die attitude.

independant_visionary

Back to top Go down

Post  WA State Voter Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 pm

From a thread on HCF:

Murray: I just found out gallup uses these samples:

Gallup:

51% D 20% R 29% I

I don't know if that is true, but I did hear that the Gallup always poll more favorably to the Democrats.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down