Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SweetNightmare reporting from college campus!

+3
Lipstick
WA State Voter
SweetNightmare
7 posters

Go down

SweetNightmare reporting from college campus! Empty SweetNightmare reporting from college campus!

Post  SweetNightmare Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:33 pm

I believe I might be the only college student here (Please, correct me if I am wrong Smile ) So I figured that I would update everyone on the current status of the election from college kids' point of view.

Now, keep in mind that I am from Jersey which is a blue state, and college campuses tend to be heavily liberal.
I will keep this as un-bias as possible.

In total, I have seen 6 Obama bumper stickers and 3 McCain. Not unusual, but I was pleasantly surprised to see McCain stickers at all. In 04, many young kids sported Kerry stickers, none sported Bush...as a matter of fact, talking to a few of my REPUBLICAN friends, they did not like Bush too much.

Today my close friend was seen wearing an Obama sticker, this made me cringe but she is my friend and a good person. I decided to not say anything (She is 17 FYI Wink ). While eating lunch, her and my other friend left for the bathroom and I asked the two guys sitting with us (our other friends) what they thought about this election. Neither of them are voting, however I did find out that one was more of a conservative independent, and he was rooting for Rudy (Yeah! I like Rudy as well) He is not a fan of McCain or Obama. When my two girlfriends came back, I asked the other in private what she thought. She is voting for McCain and Sarah Palin, but she is not totally caught up on the election...I will be busy Wink
And I also saw a pro-Obama shirt. All in all, from what I have seen in stickers, shirts, and asking my friends' opinions, it is a tie with Obama leading slightly (just as we see in the country) This is not out of the ordinary..BUT!! I am excited to see more and more young republicans coming out of the wood work. Hope is far from lost ladies and gentalmen!

I will do as much digging as possible in my college to see where people stand. It won't be easy as I hate making enemies especially via politics, but I'll do my best.

elephant

SweetNightmare

Back to top Go down

SweetNightmare reporting from college campus! Empty Re: SweetNightmare reporting from college campus!

Post  WA State Voter Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:42 pm

You go, girl! Keep it up. I honestly do not know one person voting for Obama. It is weird. When I lived in Seattle, I think we conservatives were outnumbered about 20-1.

WA State Voter

Back to top Go down

SweetNightmare reporting from college campus! Empty Re: SweetNightmare reporting from college campus!

Post  Lipstick Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:51 pm

I LOVE this thread. It's interesting to hear what others are seeing and hearing regarding the election in their respective areas. I live in a conservative area of a blue state and I only personally know one person who is voting for Obama, but I know many who are voting for McCain. What's especially interesting is that the one Obama supporter I personally know is known to be a deadbeat who is always looking for a handout of one kind or another.

As for yard signs, I saw one Obama sign and one McCain sign and they were both about 15 miles from here. I have seen no signs at all in my village and only one bumper sticker that said, "Nobama".

Lipstick

Back to top Go down

SweetNightmare reporting from college campus! Empty Keep up the amazing work.

Post  VictoryMP08 Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:00 pm

I love how you are out there and doing your own canvassing of sorts. We all should take that same initiative.

I'm also a bit surprised that you saw any McCain stickers, but I am very glad of it. It goes to show that there are ppl with brains out there Wink even in the heart of Democrat country.

Keep it up, you are doing great~

Feel free to pass on the website to many of your college friends as well (below), we've had 4000+ hits so far and growing but very few are reluctant to sign up and volunteer. We (my husband and I) have been working feverently on this mission, and I know with enough help.... WE ALL WILL SUCCEED!!! Because we will have the Mavericks of change in the White House!

http://www.geocities.com/victorymp08

Last edited by VictoryMP08 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add link to site)
VictoryMP08
VictoryMP08

http://www.geocities.com/victorymp08

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRanger Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:06 pm

my campus has nothing but Obama endorsements.
PhantomRanger
PhantomRanger

http://vortexvein.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nariman Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:39 pm

Hey SweetNightmare, nice job on the polling, and smart move keeping everyone seperated when you asked them their opinions. Well if we have that many open McCain supporters in a blue state, that gives me hope in the battleground states.

I haven't actually seen any stickers or signs in my area, which is suprising since the last two elections the bumper stickers were everywhere. Maybe more good signs since I live in such a blue area.

Nariman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I_(heart)_Sarah Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm also a college student ( 50 something, first year). I don't talk politics with anyone and I haven't overheard any conversations. In my part of CA, we don't see too many stickers and signs. I haven't seen an Obama sticker since around the primaries while driving in Santa Barbara.

I_(heart)_Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down