Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palin's record on illegal immigration?

+2
katypalinfan
ibeatbugs
6 posters

Go down

Palin's record on illegal immigration? Empty Palin's record on illegal immigration?

Post  ibeatbugs Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:23 pm

What's her record?

ibeatbugs

Back to top Go down

Palin's record on illegal immigration? Empty Re: Palin's record on illegal immigration?

Post  katypalinfan Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:27 pm

In Alaska? I'm sure she was able to fend off 22 polar bears, 5723 penguins, and a rabid pack of 143 Siberian Huskies.
katypalinfan
katypalinfan

Back to top Go down

Palin's record on illegal immigration? Empty Re: Palin's record on illegal immigration?

Post  ibeatbugs Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:30 pm

If she doesn't have a record on illegal immigration, does she have a POSITION?

ibeatbugs

Back to top Go down

Post  katypalinfan Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Considering the simple fact that McCain's position is far from in line with the main stream conservatives, I doubt seriously we will hear very much about her position on immigration. Or his for that matter. And Barry sure won't bring that one up. If asked, she will likely tow the McCain line. Or tie up a few Huskies to it...
katypalinfan
katypalinfan

Back to top Go down

Post  ibeatbugs Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Considering the simple fact that McCain's position is far from in line with the main stream conservatives, I doubt seriously we will hear very much about her position on immigration. Or his for that matter. And Barry sure won't bring that one up. If asked, she will likely tow the McCain line. Or tie up a few Huskies to it...

That's precisely why I asked. Shouldn't SOMEONE be asking?

ibeatbugs

Back to top Go down

Post  KnightHawkPP Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:45 pm

We definitely want a governor [as McCain's vice-presidential nominee], but slim pickings, though, in the governors. And I'm telling you, the Alaskan governor, Palin. I sat next to her at dinner--this was in July--I spoke at an event. KBYR, our great affiliate, was there. And just a great, great time. And she was delightful , and smart.

So, back to the Veepstakes. Sarah Palin: I like her. She's a beautiful woman, but she's also a conservative. Her husband, he's a fisherman. I'm not kidding you, and they go out and fish on the weekends. He's a commercial fisherman. I'm telling you, I think that sells. That sells a lot more than "my friends" and comprehensive immigration reform. And she's not for comprehensive reform, I can tell you that right now. She's sick to death of this immigration nonsense in the United States."

Source: Laura Ingraham radio show, reported on lafrontera.mojo4m.com Mar 10, 2008

beyond that she inherited a few sanctuary cities as governor and has not address that issue, then again she didn't run with that as a focus in 2006 either. Alaska has recently made proof of citizenship required for DL's she supported that.

I would expect though for the purposes of this campaign you will see her fall in line with McCain, though if anything she will focus more on the secure the borders talking points.

-2 cents.

KnightHawkPP

http://www.polipundit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elle Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:20 pm

McCain seems to have gotten the message, so I'm hopeful.

Most important to me is that whatever he and Palin want to do will be better than what Obama wants to do!
Elle
Elle

Back to top Go down

Post  ibeatbugs Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:11 am

Most important to me is that whatever he and Palin want to do will be better than what Obama wants to do!

Depends on where you're coming from!

I am an unskilled low-wage worker toiling at the bottom of the economy. McCain economic policy will not make me whole to compensate for the harm I suffer from McCain immigration policy

As poor as Obama's immigration policy is, I believe low-wage unskilled workers will be marginally better off (or not as bad off) under Obama than under McCain.

Economic growth can be a bad thing for unskilled workers - every time the economy booms, I become worse off.

ibeatbugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:21 am

Economic growth can be a bad thing for unskilled workers - every time the economy booms, I become worse off.
Uh...I don't the Obama campaign likes it when you guys admit that you're rooting for a bad economy.

Supposed to whisper about that one among yourselves. Get it?
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  MooseForPalin Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:55 am

ibeatbugs wrote: Economic growth can be a bad thing for unskilled workers - every time the economy booms, I become worse off.

Maybe I'm betraying my elitism by asking, but why do I detect no sense of urgency on your part to acquire a skill or vocation? You sound as though you are resigned to being a victim of the economy.

MooseForPalin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down