Sarah Palin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HA-HA - the markets don't like O

3 posters

Go down

HA-HA - the markets don't like O Empty HA-HA - the markets don't like O

Post  BillD Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Yesterday when it looked like a possible McCain win, the markets SHOT UP.
Now that Obama has won, they DOVE again.
Each time the polls showed a tightening, the markets went up, when Obama pulled ahead again, they sank.
don't tell ME investors and business people aren't worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BillD
BillD

Back to top Go down

HA-HA - the markets don't like O Empty Re: HA-HA - the markets don't like O

Post  GOPgal Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 pm

BillD wrote:Yesterday when it looked like a possible McCain win, the markets SHOT UP.
Now that Obama has won, they DOVE again.
Each time the polls showed a tightening, the markets went up, when Obama pulled ahead again, they sank.
don't tell ME investors and business people aren't worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of other things I've noticed in the last 24 hours:

1. As I was blogging away last night barely 2 hours or so after Obama's victory speech I notice the following headline: 20 rockets fired from Gaza to Israel From Breitbart November 5th at 1:16 AM EST
Around 20 rockets were fired Wednesday morning from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel, military and medical sources said.
Didn't take long did it????? Biden appears to have been right with his "Obama will be tested" comment.

Then this morning:

2. Medvedev: Russia to Deploy Missiles in Response to U.S. Missile Shield
MOSCOW — Russia will deploy missiles near NATO member Poland in response to U.S. missile defense plans, President Dmitry Medvedev said Wednesday in his first state of the nation speech.

Medvedev also singled out the United States for criticism, casting Russia's war with Georgia in August and the global financial turmoil as consequences of aggressive, selfish U.S. policies.

He said he hoped the next U.S. administration would act to improve relations. In a separate telegram, he congratulated Barack Obama on his election victory and said he was hoping for "constructive dialogue" with the incoming U.S. president.

Again, didn't take long did it? Not even 24 hours.

My prediction is Obama is going to be a disaster in all areas: economy, militarily, national security. Wonder how long it will take for buyers remorse to set in. 3 months? 6 months?
GOPgal
GOPgal

Back to top Go down

Post  Siouxie Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:41 pm

I also noticed the stock market tanking after "The One" was elected. I was talking to my oldest daughter (who did btw end up voting McCain/Palin!!) and she was obviously upset since this was her first ever election and time voting. I told her that now it's OUR turn to sit back and let them (the liberals) screw things up (and they will) and we will hold them accountable for every little mistake - just like what they've been doing to Bush. I also believe that the media's adoration for Obama will wear off eventually and they'll turn on him when he messes up (and he definitely will).

It'll be an interesting time when he's got so much to deliver. We shall see my friends. Suspect
Siouxie
Siouxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down